The MT-07 Forum

FUEL LINE DISCONNECT

Riverfox

Just purchased an MIVV exhaust and also the EJK fuel controller from Dobeck performance. My question is, since the bike is fuel injected, the fuel line attach point to the tank is not the usual rubber hose and clamp. It has a quick disconnect. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to uncouple the fuel line from the bottom of the tank. It appears as though you slide an orange keeper to the side but after having done so the line does not pull free. I don't want to use to much force pulling if I am missing something. Also when it does disconnect will the fuel start draining from the tank.

Any help would be appreciated!

• Premium Member

So I had some time and was curious about it I did a search and was not easy to find haha I did find a service manual on another sight though so I'll have time to read up on it.

I'm sure you have it figured out now, but what I found was you squeeze on the sides and at the same time pull it apart. If I had my FZ here I would have taken it apart and taken a pic.

I looked at the parts manual online and that was no help it make it look like a car fuel line where you need the fuel line disconnect tool.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

So I had some time and was curious about it I did a search and was not easy to find haha I did find a service manual on another sight though so I'll have time to read up on it. 
I'm sure you have it figured out now, but what I found was you squeeze on the sides and at the same time pull it apart. If I had my FZ here I would have taken it apart and taken a pic.

I looked at the parts manual online and that was no help it make it look like a car fuel line where you need the fuel line disconnect tool.
Thanks much, I'll go down shortly and give that a try!!

Thanks Jake, that did the trick. Kind of a wierd release sequence. I don't know where you found it but I owe you. Got the EJK installed. Disconnecting and then connecting the EJK leads to the injectors were a real treat. You need hands need to be about half the size of an adult to get down in there. New exhaust and controller and and tested now I just need Spring to arrive to give it a try. 

• Premium Member

Glad it worked out for you, That is why we have sights like this to learn as much as much as we can.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Archived