The MT-07 Forum

Ignition barrel lock

Mac Tech 07

Mac Tech 07

Hi,

My Mt07 was stolen last week, I have GPS so managed to get it back almost immediately.

they have snapped the steering lock and looks like it’s cracked in half at bottom of ignition, locking bar is no longer there.

is it really a case of spending £1000+ for ECU and all locks? Or can I salvage just the locking mech from another or a third party ignition?

I understand they not worth repairing, look how long it took to break etc, just need to know my options.

thanks in advance.

You can buy an immobiliser bypass emulator for around £25 in the UK, which should allow you to just change the parts required without having to buy a new ecu. I’ve been using one on my 2014 model for the last 2 years without any problem, can’t guarantee that they work on later models with different ecu versions though. Adverts on eBay say years 2014 - 2020.

Mac Tech 07
2 hours ago, AP996 said:

You can buy an immobiliser bypass emulator for around £25 in the UK, which should allow you to just change the parts required without having to buy a new ecu. I’ve been using one on my 2014 model for the last 2 years without any problem, can’t guarantee that they work on later models with different ecu versions though. Adverts on eBay say years 2014 - 2020.

Thanks for your reply, this sounds like replacing the whole lock with an immobiliser bypass. Can anyone confirm if the steering locking bar section of the ignition is removable/replaceable without having to change the upper ignition barrel? Does it separate from the upper section or is it all one piece?

Mac Tech 07
Just now, scat2me said:

Glad to hear that you got it back. Did you have a wheel lock or alarm on the bike?

Thanks,

I do have a NEW YORK FAHGETTABOUDIT MINI, handlebar lever lock, alarm and GPS.

I also keep it indoors.

this is the one time I left out for an hour, only had steering lock on.

Just now, Mac Tech 07 said:

this is the one time I left out for an hour, only had steering lock on.

Wow... where was this?

Well, I wasn't heading for a ride there today.  🙂   I'm glad you didn't lose the bike though.