The MT-07 Forum

Under seat tool kit

Aaron MT-07

Aaron MT-07

Hi all

new mt-07 owner here my bike came with no tools under the seat. So I’m trying to replace what is meant to be there

as far as I can see it should come with-

2x Allen key 

A double screwdriver and handle

a spring wrench

a helmet wire 

and a bag

Can anybody help me out with the size of the Allen keys and also any tools that I have left out from the above list.

thanks In advance

Edited by Aaron MT-07

That's a nice kit, but it has a lot more in it than what came with my 2020 MT-07.  I'd check mine, but I have to remove my tail bag, which is somewhat complicated to do.  I'm hoping someone else can check the wrench sizes, etc.

It’s a 4 and 5. A buddy of mine just threw 3-8 under the seat because apparently that covers all sizes for the bike… 

Side note, my bike didn’t come with a screwdriver… I know it’s not a big deal but I’m bummed out with the dealership now…

Just now, Mt707 said:

Side note, my bike didn’t come with a screwdriver…

I didn't get a helmet lock cable, so I went back and got one from the dealer I got the bike from.  It seems like they don't take the extras very seriously.

Edited by Triple Jim

16 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

I didn't get a helmet lock cable, so I went back and got one from the dealer I got the bike from.  It seems like they don't take the extras very seriously.

Dealer I got mine from is about 60 miles from me. Not that big of a deal imo. Seems to be a trend with these 07’s though, no one getting there goodie bag 

Just now, Mt707 said:

Dealer I got mine from is about 60 miles from me. Not that big of a deal imo. Seems to be a trend with these 07’s though, no one getting there goodie bag 

Mine's about 50 miles away, but I happened to be going past there.  They were actually pretty good to me, but I don't like letting people get away with things like leaving out the little extras.  If everyone would insist on getting them, the dealers would probably be a little more diligent.  I told them I mainly wanted a complete set in case I ever sell the bike.  It looks good to a buyer if everything is perfect, down to the silly little tools.

The only thing I had in my toolbag was the handle. nothing else was in there. No wrenches, allen or otherwise. It was the most ridiculous tool kit I have ever seen.