The MT-07 Forum

FTECU active tune issue

union

I have the FTECU active tune with the wide band O2 sensor.  For those not familiar with this, it replaces the stock Narrow band O2 sensor with a wide band one and has a module that is supposed to continuously adjust the fueling as I ride.  With it installed is get the error code P0030.  Something about the heating on the Os sensor.  If I unplug it and plug in the stock O2 sensor the code clears and the check engine light is off.

I've been in contact with 2WDW and they have been as helpful as they can.  They did contact FTECU a week and a half ago but haven't received a reply.

The light is annoying.  I don't know if running the bike with the wide band O2 sensor will cause an actual issue.  It's my understanding that any changes the FTECU module makes are gone after I shut the bike off and I start back at the base map.  I am not sure if that is the case or not.

I think what I'm leaning to right now is just putting the active tune stuff aside and running the stock O2 sensor.  Does anyone know if this would cause further issue?  I guess what I'm getting at is anyone running the 2WDW tune successfully without the wide band sensor?

• Global Moderator

@union, I have been running the 2WDW tune without any O2 sensor for years with no issues. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjh937 said:

@union, I have been running the 2WDW tune without any O2 sensor for years with no issues. 

OK Ill try that to see if I can clear out the code.  Thanks.