The MT-07 Forum

Nimble Nimbus

Nimble Nimbus

On 6/11/2022 at 6:02 AM, bartman5impson said:

Motion Pro makes OEM replacements. The Motion Pro 01-1303 tube is for the newer R6 and has the shortest throw. The Motion Pro 01-0094 is for the older R6 and is a middle ground between the new r6 tube and the fz07 tube.

I have the 01-1303 and I thought that I measured the diameter of the reel and it was a bit smaller than an OEM R6 tube. Also thought someone else here confirmed that they found the same thing. Still, I like the upgrade and for me was about $40 cheaper than a Yamaha R6 tube

nozeitgeist1800
1 hour ago, seven said:

I have the 01-1303 and I thought that I measured the diameter of the reel and it was a bit smaller than an OEM R6 tube. Also thought someone else here confirmed that they found the same thing. Still, I like the upgrade and for me was about $40 cheaper than a Yamaha R6 tube

the entire stock r6 grip assembly is $30 on partzilla, which isnt too bad and worked great for my 2019 (once i figured out there are 2 adjustment points for the cable). 

link: 

Edited by nozeitgeist1800
added link to r6 tube

Nimble Nimbus
On 9/2/2022 at 6:30 AM, nozeitgeist1800 said:

the entire stock r6 grip assembly is $30 on partzilla, which isnt too bad and worked great for my 2019 (once i figured out there are 2 adjustment points for the cable). 

link: 

..  where's the second adjustment point? I only know of the one just after the cable housing in the double ended rubber boot thing

Nimble Nimbus
On 9/2/2022 at 6:30 AM, nozeitgeist1800 said:

link: 

I had to have gotten away with maxing out my adjustment because my throttle has damn near zero play 

Edited by Nimble Nimbus

nozeitgeist1800
Just now, Nimble Nimbus said:

..  where's the second adjustment point? I only know of the one just after the cable housing in the double ended rubber boot thing

There's an adjustment point at the handles, then there's one on the left of the bike around your knee, I think it's off the actual throttle body. I was like 2mm shy of being able to use the r6 tube without adjusting the second point, crazy frustrating.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty proud of this one.

Switched my gray/red pillowtops to black/gray.

The red fluo stickers from Hooligan were the contrast I needed to be perfect.

20220918_165639.thumb.jpg.2041a5635baa046067232e393365dfc8.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2022 at 2:04 AM, Nimble Nimbus said:

The Ixil is on and BOY AM I HAPPY.

I had the best helper too!

20220731_201933.jpg

20220730_100028.jpg

Do you happen to have a sound video with those Ixil?

Do you run them with a dB killer?

• 2 months later...
Nimble Nimbus
On 10/22/2022 at 2:01 AM, Claude said:

Do you happen to have a sound video with those Ixil?

Do you run them with a dB killer?

I do run them with DB killer. Sorry for the delay. Here's the link to a reddit thread with the exhaust.

and another with the baffles out

https://www.reddit.com/r/MT07/comments/wgxowl/oh_yeah_i_forgot_to_follow_up_with_the_ixil/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Edited by Nimble Nimbus

Nimble Nimbus

Quick update on my new mods I added:

GIVI semi rigid hand guards

TST GTR turn signals

TST Integrated Taillight

Yamaha Comfort Seat

Yamaha Engine Guards20221225_155732.thumb.jpg.90d2aa45bb84c7aa1d6c81dc0af7e822.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Nimble Nimbus
On 4/8/2023 at 2:35 PM, Stefan said:

Hey, how do you feel about that comfort seat? Did you ride with a pillion already?

Thanks.

Sorry I missed this! Comfort seat is a million times better than the stock one!