Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nimble Nimbus

Nimble Nimbus

Recommended Posts

seven
On 6/11/2022 at 6:02 AM, bartman5impson said:

Motion Pro makes OEM replacements. The Motion Pro 01-1303 tube is for the newer R6 and has the shortest throw. The Motion Pro 01-0094 is for the older R6 and is a middle ground between the new r6 tube and the fz07 tube.

I have the 01-1303 and I thought that I measured the diameter of the reel and it was a bit smaller than an OEM R6 tube. Also thought someone else here confirmed that they found the same thing. Still, I like the upgrade and for me was about $40 cheaper than a Yamaha R6 tube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nozeitgeist1800
1 hour ago, seven said:

I have the 01-1303 and I thought that I measured the diameter of the reel and it was a bit smaller than an OEM R6 tube. Also thought someone else here confirmed that they found the same thing. Still, I like the upgrade and for me was about $40 cheaper than a Yamaha R6 tube

the entire stock r6 grip assembly is $30 on partzilla, which isnt too bad and worked great for my 2019 (once i figured out there are 2 adjustment points for the cable). 

link: 

 

Edited by nozeitgeist1800
added link to r6 tube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus
On 9/2/2022 at 6:30 AM, nozeitgeist1800 said:

the entire stock r6 grip assembly is $30 on partzilla, which isnt too bad and worked great for my 2019 (once i figured out there are 2 adjustment points for the cable). 

link: 

 

 ..  where's the second adjustment point? I only know of the one just after the cable housing in the double ended rubber boot thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus
On 9/2/2022 at 6:30 AM, nozeitgeist1800 said:

the entire stock r6 grip assembly is $30 on partzilla, which isnt too bad and worked great for my 2019 (once i figured out there are 2 adjustment points for the cable). 

link: 

 I had to have gotten away with maxing out my adjustment because my throttle has damn near zero play 

Edited by Nimble Nimbus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nozeitgeist1800
Just now, Nimble Nimbus said:

 ..  where's the second adjustment point? I only know of the one just after the cable housing in the double ended rubber boot thing

There's an adjustment point at the handles, then there's one on the left of the bike around your knee, I think it's off the actual throttle body. I was like 2mm shy of being able to use the r6 tube without adjusting the second point, crazy frustrating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus

I'm pretty proud of this one.

Switched my gray/red pillowtops to black/gray.

The red fluo stickers from Hooligan were the contrast I needed to be perfect.

20220918_165639.thumb.jpg.2041a5635baa046067232e393365dfc8.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.