Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nimble Nimbus

Nimble Nimbus

Recommended Posts

Nimble Nimbus

Well, I told myself that I wanted to keep it stock... but it didn't take long for me to start modding...

Evotech fork sliders, frame sliders and swingarm spool sliders.

Yamaha cowl and fender eliminator.

Yamaha comfort saddle, engine guards and radiator cover on order with no ETA.

Anyone have leads on a motionpro R6 throttle tube? 😅

20220523_205039.jpg

20220523_201723.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937

I am not sure it is possible to not mod this bike :) .  

The motion pro throttle tube is different from the R6 one.  It’s rotation is less than stock but more than the R6.  I do not remember what I paid for the R6 tube, but I got the Yamaha part online. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bartman5impson
Posted (edited)
Just now, mjh937 said:

I am not sure it is possible to not mod this bike :) .  

The motion pro throttle tube is different from the R6 one.  It’s rotation is less than stock but more than the R6.  I do not remember what I paid for the R6 tube, but I got the Yamaha part online. 

Motion Pro makes OEM replacements. The Motion Pro 01-1303 tube is for the newer R6 and has the shortest throw. The Motion Pro 01-0094 is for the older R6 and is a middle ground between the new r6 tube and the fz07 tube.

Edited by bartman5impson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus
Just now, bartman5impson said:

Motion Pro makes OEM replacements. The Motion Pro 01-1303 tube is for the newer R6 and has the shortest throw. The Motion Pro 01-0094 is for the older R6 and is a middle ground between the new r6 tube and the fz07 tube.

That's what I thought I read but I just second guessed myself from mjh's comment lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937
5 hours ago, Nimble Nimbus said:

That's what I thought I read but I just second guessed myself from mjh's comment lol

Sorry for the confusion, I did not realize Motion Pro had a newer model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus

I went to buy some paddock stands yesterday.

The guy at Cycle Gear said to buy the triple tree head lift stand so I could do suspension work. To which, I appreciate that input, knowing damn well these bikes need suspension work from the factory.

The trackside box said FZ07 - All, 20mm pin.

Welp, turns out that the facelift MT07 has a headlight bracket that tucks underneath and a plug that covers the center triple tree hole, so as much as I only wanted plug and play/ Michael Bolton things for this bike, I ended up cutting a section of that bracket to have access to the triple tree for my headlift stand.

Also, our  tree diameters are 21mm,  so it sounds like I need to make a custom pin with one of the extra pins I don't need, to get a proper hold. 😭

20220611_192940.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M. Hausknecht

Can you return it and get a Pit Bull? I love my Pit Bull stuff and and they make the required pin. They also make a convertible front stand you can use either under the fork legs or under the triples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus

I've just ordered my Ixil Hyperlow.. we're goin places!

_MG_8141.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
balkor2

Great Pics, This is the exact bike I ordered back in March (asked questions and waited since Feb)...

SOOOO waiting and going to be SOOO worth the wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus

The Ixil is on and BOY AM I HAPPY.

I had the best helper too!

20220731_201933.jpg

20220730_100028.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937
12 hours ago, Nimble Nimbus said:

The Ixil is on and BOY AM I HAPPY.

I had the best helper too!

20220731_201933.jpg

20220730_100028.jpg

From that look I am pretty sure the dog thinks he did all the work :) .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
balkor2

Love the look!! Almost like it belongs there.

It looks like you have the radiator protector on it.

Have you ridden it with and then without the protector? I am curious if it has and effect\affect on running temp ...

Highly doubt there would be any real world issue.

@mjh937 The Dog did the majority of the work. The Human was there to provide treats and entertainment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Triple Jim
Posted (edited)
Just now, balkor2 said:

Have you ridden it with and then without the protector? I am curious if it has and effect\affect on running temp ...

I watched that carefully when I got a cheap protector from AliExpress.  On the hottest NC summer days I have not seen the temperature get close to too hot.  The hottest I've seen was probably a little over 200F. 

Overall I don't see a significant difference with or without it.  I don't ride in stop and go traffic though.

Edited by Triple Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
balkor2
Just now, Triple Jim said:

I watched that carefully when I got a cheap protector from AliExpress.  On the hottest NC summer days I have not seen the temperature get close to too hot.  The hottest I've seen was probably a little over 200F. 

Overall I don't see a significant difference with or without it.  I don't ride in stop and go traffic though.

Good to know.
 

Thanks for the feedback.  Southern, Coastal, VA isn't much different than NC (weather wise). 
Will be dealing with more Stop & Go. But doubt there will be impact as you had mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Triple Jim
Just now, balkor2 said:

Will be dealing with more Stop & Go. But doubt there will be impact as you had mentioned.

My guess is that in stop and go traffic the fan will run a little more with a guard than without one.  I was happy to find that I don't have a cooling problem with the guard, since taking a rock to the radiator in the wrong place would cause much bigger problems than a few degrees one way or another.  And since engine wear is reduced at higher temperatures I don't see a down side. 

image.png.7f88146e81dce81bbdf7976809ca76b5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
balkor2
Just now, Triple Jim said:

And since engine wear is reduced at higher temperatures

Who would have Thunk!?!

Well now, that being said :

Just now, Triple Jim said:

I don't see a down side

Nor do I.

 

Again thank you for the feedback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Triple Jim
Just now, balkor2 said:
Just now, Triple Jim said:

And since engine wear is reduced at higher temperatures

Who would have Thunk!?!

It is counterintuitive, isn't it?   :)   It's been known for a long time though.  I remember Dad explaining that to me when I was a kid.  That's why I don't like hearing about getting the ECU programmed to make the fan come on at a lower temperature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
balkor2
Just now, Triple Jim said:

It is counterintuitive, isn't it?   :)   It's been known for a long time though.

 

Just now, Triple Jim said:

I remember Dad explaining that to me when I was a kid

Same here, wasn't my father but same principle ,  Just need a kick from time to time as a reminder.
Most of the engine wear is at Cold Starts.

 

Also reminds me of Transmission Fluid in the carb in a empty parking lot (back when gas was ~$1 and could get CAM2 at the pump almost anywhere)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus
On 8/5/2022 at 12:20 PM, balkor2 said:

Love the look!! Almost like it belongs there.

It looks like you have the radiator protector on it.

Have you ridden it with and then without the protector? I am curious if it has and effect\affect on running temp ...

Highly doubt there would be any real world issue.

@mjh937 The Dog did the majority of the work. The Human was there to provide treats and entertainment

The rad shroud doesn't seem to make it any better or worse by any means! I think the biggest thing for all our bikes' benefits are to have the ecu reflashed for the fans to kick on at a lower temp. I swear mine doesn't kick on until 220+

We have had some HOT days in WA over the summer and with or without the guard, the bike at a standstill definitely gets warm, but as soon as the fans kick, I stop worrying about it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus

I spotted this red livery on Kutvek and I was screaming because it looks SO good. I found out that they don't have it in Cyan but I made an edit to see if it was plausible...

I really dig how it looks so I reached out to Kutvek and they are making it happen!

Will post updates soon 👾

Screenshot_20220814-164552_Instagram.jpg

PartialColorMaster_2022-08-14-164345.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
balkor2

WOW!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus

My Kutvek came in! 😍

20220827_181810.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus

Ordered some Hooligan stickers to add some contrast and I'm SO stoked on how everything came together

20220831_111955.jpg

Edited by Nimble Nimbus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimble Nimbus

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention, I added an R6 throttle tube and Protaper Pillowtop grips a month ago as well. Pretty happy with how they feel, might swap to black grips later as the red caps are already fading...20220814_105931.thumb.jpg.733045581a78bff6a6d53e338c6736f8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.