Sign in to follow this  
Nimble Nimbus

Nimble Nimbus

Nimble Nimbus

Well, I told myself that I wanted to keep it stock... but it didn't take long for me to start modding...

Evotech fork sliders, frame sliders and swingarm spool sliders.

Yamaha cowl and fender eliminator.

Yamaha comfort saddle, engine guards and radiator cover on order with no ETA.

Anyone have leads on a motionpro R6 throttle tube? 😅

20220523_205039.jpg

20220523_201723.jpg

• Like 1

mjh937

I am not sure it is possible to not mod this bike :) .  

The motion pro throttle tube is different from the R6 one.  It’s rotation is less than stock but more than the R6.  I do not remember what I paid for the R6 tube, but I got the Yamaha part online. 

• Like 1

bartman5impson
Posted (edited)
Just now, mjh937 said:

I am not sure it is possible to not mod this bike :) .  

The motion pro throttle tube is different from the R6 one.  It’s rotation is less than stock but more than the R6.  I do not remember what I paid for the R6 tube, but I got the Yamaha part online. 

Motion Pro makes OEM replacements. The Motion Pro 01-1303 tube is for the newer R6 and has the shortest throw. The Motion Pro 01-0094 is for the older R6 and is a middle ground between the new r6 tube and the fz07 tube.

Edited by bartman5impson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nimble Nimbus
Just now, bartman5impson said:

Motion Pro makes OEM replacements. The Motion Pro 01-1303 tube is for the newer R6 and has the shortest throw. The Motion Pro 01-0094 is for the older R6 and is a middle ground between the new r6 tube and the fz07 tube.

That's what I thought I read but I just second guessed myself from mjh's comment lol

mjh937
5 hours ago, Nimble Nimbus said:

That's what I thought I read but I just second guessed myself from mjh's comment lol

Sorry for the confusion, I did not realize Motion Pro had a newer model.

Nimble Nimbus

I went to buy some paddock stands yesterday.

The guy at Cycle Gear said to buy the triple tree head lift stand so I could do suspension work. To which, I appreciate that input, knowing damn well these bikes need suspension work from the factory.

The trackside box said FZ07 - All, 20mm pin.

Welp, turns out that the facelift MT07 has a headlight bracket that tucks underneath and a plug that covers the center triple tree hole, so as much as I only wanted plug and play/ Michael Bolton things for this bike, I ended up cutting a section of that bracket to have access to the triple tree for my headlift stand.

Also, our  tree diameters are 21mm,  so it sounds like I need to make a custom pin with one of the extra pins I don't need, to get a proper hold. 😭

20220611_192940.jpg

M. Hausknecht

Can you return it and get a Pit Bull? I love my Pit Bull stuff and and they make the required pin. They also make a convertible front stand you can use either under the fork legs or under the triples.