The MT-07 Forum

Passing light mt 07 2021 does not work?

Evilassassin

Evilassassin

My passing light just quit working out of the blue i cant seem to figure out why all other lights work perfectly fine. I checked fuses all are good from what it seems none are blown. Thanks any insight appreciated.

Have you tried just turning on the 'high beam' with the bright switch? If that works, probably the passing switch or a connection from it, if not, the filament in the bulb may be toast. Does the high beam 'indicator' light come on when you use either switch? Yellow wire on my 2018 goes from either switch to the high beam. Good luck! If your 21 had LEDs, and I think it may, could be a damaged connection in the LED headlight assy...

Edited by Jerzee
  • Like 1

Evilassassin

Yeah high beam/low beams work light indicator comes on just the passing beam doesn't work and it also doesn't illuminate/dim the dash as if its working just a dead response. Is it the contact point that's rusted maybe ? guessing it just contacts when pressed in and bridges the connection but i don't know.

2 hours ago, Evilassassin said:

Yeah high beam/low beams work light indicator comes on just the passing beam doesn't work and it also doesn't illuminate/dim the dash as if its working just a dead response. Is it the contact point that's rusted maybe ? guessing it just contacts when pressed in and bridges the connection but i don't know.

It sounds like the switch has gone bad, or the connectors from the switch are bad/ disconnected. As ooRAH wrote, it should be under warranty. If you have a meter, you can run a continuity check across the switch, and or check the connector. One pin could be loose in the plastic housing, or disconnected... Good luck!

• Like 1

Evilassassin

Just past a year since i bought it so no warranty thanks all for responses hoping its just the switch even though you have to purchase the whole handlebar control to replace.

I would check the connections, and remove the control and inspect the switch before buying a new one... in case it is something simple. Good luck!

• Like 1

Evilassassin

Hey so kinda related my right turn signal flashes faster than the left makes no sense i have aftermarket TST led turn signals on the rear. So i just installed a new TST integrated tail light today and the turn signal was flashing like it should i go for a ride and when i get back i check the turn signal again the right starts flashing faster than left? My hazards work perfect flash as they are suppose too. Its just the right turn signal for some odd reason? Even if i disconnect the rear turn signals the right still flashes fast in the front? so confused guessing the light module in these new bikes is acting up.

Evilassassin
On 6/7/2022 at 7:58 AM, Jerzee said:

I would check the connections, and remove the control and inspect the switch before buying a new one... in case it is something simple. Good luck!

Solved it just needed a little sand paper between the connections inside the handlebar  control for the passing switch to come back to life contact cleaner wasn't enough. Thank you all for the support with my problem.

• Like 2

Great news, a quick and easy fix! Hopefully, it will help out anyone else with similar issues. Have a great weekend, and ride safely!