The MT-07 Forum

Fork conversion bearings

Rtw1day

I’m putting a 2004 R6 front end on a 2020 MT07, the bottom fork stem bearings are the same, but the MT top bearings are smaller then the R6. What options are there? Pressing out the stem & swapping won’t work because the r6 clamp is a screw down compared to the MT that is a clamp

cheers !

I would suggest replacing the upper bearing with a tapered bearing from Koyo, SKF, etc. with a 30mm inner diameter, 47mm outer diameter, and 12mm thickness.

NOTE: These are the numbers I got from one of the online conversion sites, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you measure the diameter of the upper section on the R6 stem you have to make sure 30mm is the correct size.

• Like 1

stickshift
On 6/3/2022 at 6:16 AM, Rtw1day said:

I’m putting a 2004 R6 front end on a 2020 MT07

Are they RWU forks?

What's the advantage over the stock MT07 forks?

Just now, stickshift said:

Are they RWU forks?

What's the advantage over the stock MT07 forks?

Conventional forks, the original are bent from a crash. I had these forks just waiting for a project so I’m going to use them, they are more race then street with the internals  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, br4nd0n said:

I would suggest replacing the upper bearing with a tapered bearing from Koyo, SKF, etc. with a 30mm inner diameter, 47mm outer diameter, and 12mm thickness.

NOTE: These are the numbers I got from one of the online conversion sites, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you measure the diameter of the upper section on the R6 stem you have to make sure 30mm is the correct size.

Yeh cheers. That’s what I’ve gone with, just ordered a set & should be here in a few days, hopefully they are what I need

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have custom sets made from AllBalz.  Let me know if you want the part number. $90.

Edited by jb.junior