The MT-07 Forum

Which Type of Oil Filter Works Best?

bornagainbiker

I hope people remember this demonstration when it comes time for fuel and air filters as well. 

I've not seen anything able to outperform, or even hang with, pleated paper filters. 

Plus, who doesn't appreciate biodegradable/renewable stuff nowadays? 

• Like 3

My local track mandates only OE filters are used. This video makes me happy because I now feel even better about not being able to "upgrade" my oil filter...I already have the best filter installed. Although I do wish I could choose maybe a different brand in the OE style but that is just because I want something else to debate over in my mind (and probably build a spreadsheet for). LOL

• Premium Member
cornerslider

My local "club" racing organization banned the use of K&N oil filters. They had ONE that failed, and dumped oil on the track. I think it was kind of a knee-jerk reaction to one incident. I don't race, but do about a dozen track days a year. I run K&N on all my bikes. Been doing so for decades, and never had any problems of any kind.....

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

The built-in safety wire point on the K&N's is super nice. I bet that rule upset a bunch of folks.