The MT-07 Forum

Help

Vs09

I need your advice guys, i accidentaly removed paint from water pipes( not knowing i probably shouldn’t do it) and now am worried what could happen to the bike( my guess is just corrosion on pipes) and what should i do? Thanks in advance for help

0DB89845-EDA5-4B54-B4D6-C70D231E7885.jpeg

• Like 1

M. Hausknecht

When it is convenient for you, just drain the coolant, then remove pipes, paint, and reinstall. The pipes are just steel so rough them up with a bit of sandpaper, and shoot them with rattle can flat black Rustoleum.

• Like 1

Thanks that is what i was thinking also. But what else can happen except corrosion( should i be ok with using some of anti-corrosion sprays ) or is it neccesary to do all that? 

M. Hausknecht

The radiator does the cooling. The pipes are just there to get the water to and from the water pump so I can't imagine a problem for the pipes other than a little rust on the outside that might look ugly to you. 

Okay, that is totaly fine, I will see if i will paint them or just put som anti-corrosion stuff on it so i stop it from corroding, because i will sell it after summer so dont think it should get rusty that quick! Thanks for advice, cheers and ride safe!

Triple Jim

You also have the option of painting them with Rustoleum black, or any color of your choice, with a brush (carefully).  That way you don't have to mess with the coolant.  Satin black doesn't show brush marks as badly as gloss black.

In bmx that's called the 'raw' look.

A cpl coats of clear will protect it from corrosion. 

It looks good! I'd keep it.