The MT-07 Forum

What filter / tune? #DEADHORSE

HDMT07

I finally put a full SC Project system on my '19 MT07! Now I need a filter and a tune!

What do you guys recommend for a filter, K&N, DNA, Sprint?

And as far as ECU flashing, it looks like 2WDW is a forum favorite. Does anyone know what filters they recomend?

I had a similar conversation with 2WDW when I got my full system and a flash from them. They actually didn't recommend any performance filter, rather, just pull the snorkel. They had said the power gains from just pulling the snorkel vs. pulling the snorkel and adding a new filter were barely any different in their experience and just wasn't worth it unless you go with a more extensive intake option like Hordpower or the MWR intake. 

• Like 4

I thought I was looking at one of the guitar forums I visit, and was thinking the thread was about an audio filter and some kind of guitar tuning.

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Based on personal experience, I highly recommend 2WDW!!! But, I also recommend spending the extra $300, and get the Hordpower intake system. That was the best $300 I've ever spent on my highly moded FZ-07. You will NOT regret it!!! Good luck 😎-

• Like 2

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

On 4/27/2022 at 8:36 PM, HDMT07 said:

What do you guys recommend for a filter, K&N, DNA, Sprint?

Other than the Hordpower setup, the one I use and love is the MWR. This is the one that is a direct replacement for the stock filter. Adding the MWR and removing the snorkel gives a badass sound for the intake suck, as well as being cleanable. Bellissimoto sells it, and if you mention the forum, you will get a discount. I'm pretty sure you can get it for $20-$25 off which is good for a one-and-done filter.

https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/air-filters/mwr-performance-air-filter-for-the-yamaha-fz-07-mt07-tracer-700-xsr700-and-tenere-700

Edited by FZ not MT

• Global Moderator

Those OEM filters almost put me in the poor house. It's convenient to just pop an oem in and go, but I  switched over recently to a k&n with prefilter bag to cut down on the frequency of washes, and save some $$$

• Like 1

M. Hausknecht
Just now, mtechdan said:

I went with Hord Power and pre-ordered the air box. Yamaha parts are on back order for the box. 

What air box? The Hordpower unit is a complete replacement for the stock airbox and all its pieces parts.

Just now, M. Hausknecht said:

What air box? The Hordpower unit is a complete replacement for the stock airbox and all its pieces parts.

The Hord Air Box….I have been in contact with  owner the past few days.  He has all the parts for the air box except the Yamaha boots.  The boots are on back order and he cannot sell the complete kit, since there are no boots. I am waiting on the boots to arrive so he can send the kit to me.   I can send you a screen shot of our conversation if you would like?  I get what you are saying, it’s not even a box like OEM.   He calls it Hordpower Air Box though. 

HPR - Hordpower Hordpower airbox and ECU flash, FZ/MT-07 and XSR700 - Introducing the custom...

M. Hausknecht

Oh sorry, I misunderstood you. I wasn't putting together that the missing Yamaha parts were needed for the Hordpower unit. I have one on my race bike; you're going to love it. You'll need a reflash your ECU to avoid excessively lean fuel mixtures; it works that much better than the stock air box. And then you might as well get a decent pipe, so you'll only need to reflash once.

• Like 1

If the damn weather starts to cooperate (since I don't have a garage) I have the Akra Ti (original version), Hord Power intake and updated 2WDW tune waiting to go on the bike.