The MT-07 Forum

Yet again another Sd-37 code topic

FzBabyyy

Top of the evening. 

I wanted to discuss this ISC problem, I’ve seen a couple different topics about this but none have solved my issue sadly. ( 2016 Yamaha fz07 ) I have recently replaced spark plugs in my bike and that’s all that was done, I haven’t touched throttle body, injectors, rail nothing. Started the bike after spark installs everything was mint, buttoned up plastics and was about to take it for a ride. let the bike warm up for a few when it threw the code ( Sd/5d-37 ) I’ve checked all connectors, all fuses, tried twisting the coils to seat them again ( they were already seated properly, but to keep myself sane I did it anyways ) I’m wondering if anyone has any other potential fixes or solutions to my problem. 

the only thing I could think off was the ECU was flashed/ tuned for the DNA air filter and for the engine brake. I unplugged it for more room to get to the spark plugs ( engine and ignition were off ) if anyone has any idea of what is going on here I’d love to hear some input ( I’m losing my bananas over here lol ) Thanks! 

sweetscience

Sd-37 =self diagnostic code 37

I can only refer to the 2nd gen MT's service manual section 9-12.  I'm guessing is the same for the 1st gen. 

SD code 37 is Fuel injector #2.  The one on the right side of the bike.  It describes the fuel injector should actuate 5 times at 1 second intervals.  Check for actuation by disconnecting the fuel pump coupler, then listening for the actuation sound of the injector.

If you got an obd2 scanner and adapter harness you could delete the code if it was a false alarm.  Hope that helps any.

• Like 1

sweetscience

Right, also check ISC for actuation as per section 9-13.  It should close and open the valve 3 times in approximately 6 seconds.

Get a mechanic's stethoscope if you're struggling to hear anything.

• Like 1

Just now, sweetscience said:

Right, also check ISC for actuation as per section 9-13.  It should close and open the valve 3 times in approximately 6 seconds.

Get a mechanic's stethoscope if you're struggling to hear anything.

Thanks for the quick reply sweet! Very good information here. By “ mechanics stethoscope “ I hope you mean screwdriver lol. I’ll check these two components and get back with some details. 

Sd-37 =self diagnostic code 37

I can only refer to the 2nd gen MT's service manual section 9-12.  I'm guessing is the same for the 1st gen. 

SD code 37 is Fuel injector #2.  The one on the right side of the bike.  It describes the fuel injector should actuate 5 times at 1 second intervals.  Check for actuation by disconnecting the fuel pump coupler, then listening for the actuation sound of the injector.

If you got an obd2 scanner and adapter harness you could delete the code if it was a false alarm.  Hope that helps any.

Also to check both of those components would this be with just the ignition on? Or with the bike on and idling. 

I’ve tested both injectors on either side and both are cycling on when ignition is on and cycling back off when ignition is turned off. I don’t hear anything from the ISC unit, gonna be removing the throttle body assembly to further inspect. 

• Like 2

sweetscience

So the ISC was not actuating when the bike was fired up?  Or just with the key ON?  No actuation means the valve is shot.  Or there is a bad connection.  What is mileage? 

• Like 1

So the ISC was not actuating when the bike was fired up?  Or just with the key ON?  No actuation means the valve is shot.  Or there is a bad connection.  What is mileage? 

The ISC was not heard with just the key on, I did not fire up the bike at all during diagnostic, bike has 7,000 miles on it