The MT-07 Forum

Yet another suspension post

Crazyaust

Hello I’m currently ripping my 2016 fz07 and we all know the suspension is caca and I’ve done a few mods to it so far, including an ssmoto dog bone and 13 mm off fork spacer with 20w oil and so the front feels okay now but not the best and the rear just feels like a trampoline and my butts in the air raising it 2inches I really want to get my bike don’t right. 
I found this little company called gears racing and they do all types of suspension but I don’t know if I trust them enough to drop that kind of money but they look sweet. I do know I would like to upgrade my rear and front even further I’m not sure wether or not to take off my ssmoto link and upgrade to like a k tech rear or keep it on combined with that and pair it with another brand mono tubes? I’ve been googling all day and everyone has different opinions what has been pride and true on y’all’s bike?

M. Hausknecht

Most of the posters here are in North America with a few in Europe. Gear Racing website shows a US distributor but over the course of many years racing and riding motorcycles, I've never heard of them. This isn't meant to demean, but just to let you know they don't have the reputation of companies such as Ohlins, kTech, Race Tech, and others discussed often on this site.

Just now, M. Hausknecht said:

Most of the posters here are in North America with a few in Europe. Gear Racing website shows a US distributor but over the course of many years racing and riding motorcycles, I've never heard of them. This isn't meant to demean, but just to let you know they don't have the reputation of companies such as Ohlins, kTech, Race Tech, and others discussed often on this site.

Exactly so I’m here to see if anyone has ever tried them if not ima stick to getting ktech rear shock and progressive monotubes