The MT-07 Forum

2021 MT-07 Turn Signal Hyper-Flash

mattyp713

Hey everyone! I have a 2021 and have replaced the OEM LED turn signals. I’ve gone through 3 different sets of aftermarket turn signals that “flow” or “scan.” However the bike speeds up the flash for the turn signals to the hyper-flash (hazards work just fine). Has anyone figured out how to slow the flash rate down? I’ve messed with resistors and they either don’t do anything, or short the system out and don’t flash the lights at all. As far as I know (I could very much be wrong), there aren’t relays on the bike, it’s all controlled by the lighting control unit.

Just now, TimmyTheHog said:

You also need to replace the relay to LED compatible one.

2021 relay should be led compatible one  I guess?

TimmyTheHog

I know the headlight is....

but are the OEM turn signal LED?

if they are not, I bet the flasher Relay are not either.

Just now, TimmyTheHog said:

I know the headlight is....

but are the OEM turn signal LED?

if they are not, I bet the flasher Relay are not either.

I think Led signal.. Led headlamp only comes with led signal.. could be the voltage of oem signal not same with aftermarket.

midlifedelinquent
3 hours ago, mattyp713 said:

I’ve gone through 3 different sets of aftermarket turn signals that “flow” or “scan.”

Assuming you are using ebay-style cheap lights that aren't specifically made to replace other LED lights, I would compare the resistance of the stock LEDs vs. the aftermarket ones. The cheap generic lights can be sloppy on design quality since the flasher relay just looks for enough resistance. Since your bike came with LED flashers, that is controlled with an ECU rather than relay, the ECU is probably "confused" since the resistance is less than expected.

• Like 1