The MT-07 Forum

Fz07 buzzing

Benjaaa

So my bike seems to buzz when I open throttle , very noticeable. It won’t make the sound if I pull the clutch in. I will also make the same buzzing when downshifting. Can anyone help or have this same issue 

If pulling the clutch in cures it then it's not some cover/fairing vibrating. It must be something in the clutch. Possibly the transmission as it will stop spinning ( it'll still drag/spin some) when the clutch is pulled.

Notice any changes in how it feels to shift gears? 

When it buzzes while downshifting, is that with the clutch pulled in the whole time? 

I'd pop the cover off and figure it out before I started the engine again. If it's a broken clutch spring, loose clutch spring bolt, etc you don't want to send trash through the rest of the motor. 

Wouldn't hurt to inspect the clutch basket. It's not uncommon for the early FZ/MT 09's to crack clutch baskets. They eventually got updated, perhaps some of the 07 baskets are using the old alloy, design, or whatever the issue was that made them fail. 

Does it do it sitting parked in neutral ( clutch in or out)? Or only while riding? 

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 1

How's your chain?  A stiff, worn out, dry chain can cause some driveline noise.  There's extra load on it when accelerating and downshifting.  Even though it is still spinning with clutch in there is much less load on it, so noise will change.