Updated FZ-07 Racebike

cosp600rr

• Premium Member

Yup, that Looks Sharp. Nice job.

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• 4 weeks later...

Racebike is mostly done for this year. Still need to add numbers and a few other items but its very close. I will be racing it this coming weekend with AHRMA at one of our local tracks in Colorado. Never raced with them before so pretty excited to give their club a try. It will also be the shackdown for my season that starts a few weeks after that round. 

IMG_20220416_190457915.thumb.jpg.f02a2b0505c93e2fc0ca40de0bbdb976.jpgIMG_20220416_190417420.thumb.jpg.e1af24897bce9ba7a05f90b368f0fb3d.jpg

IMG_20220416_190332497.jpg

Edited by cosp600rr
  • Like 9

• Premium Member

Looks Great.

I'm just finishing up my paint work, I'm sticking with Red, White and Black color scheme too. 

Good luck this season.

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Bike looks amazing….for the rear sub did you use a ROBEM one or what ?  I just bought the SharkSkinz R7 tail assembly and am throwing it on my FZ. Still waiting for it to show up so not sure just yet what I’m gonna have to do to make it work….

M. Hausknecht
Just now, Randy said:

Bike looks amazing….for the rear sub did you use a ROBEM one or what ?  I just bought the SharkSkinz R7 tail assembly and am throwing it on my FZ. Still waiting for it to show up so not sure just yet what I’m gonna have to do to make it work….

FWIW, I have an AP subframe on my 07 and a spare in a box 'cause shet happens. I dunno if it is possible to get stuff from Andy any longer. If I wanted to buy a separate subframe now, I'd go Robem.

• Like 1

Just now, Randy said:

Yes, Robem subframe. Mine is moved forward about 1 1/2" because the R6 seat is shorter than the R7 seat. I also had to reshape the lower bars to account for the moving forward. If you mount in the same location as original you wont need to change anything except for cutting the original subframe off in the correct place per the Robem instructions. What seat are you using? And what tank cover?

• Like 1

Just now, cosp600rr said:

Yes, Robem subframe. Mine is moved forward about 1 1/2" because the R6 seat is shorter than the R7 seat. I also had to reshape the lower bars to account for the moving forward. If you mount in the same location as original you wont need to change anything except for cutting the original subframe off in the correct place per the Robem instructions. What seat are you using? And what tank cover?

I am using a Flexi-Glass upper, lower and tank cover. Bought the SharkSkinz seat base to go with the tail….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randy said:

I am using a Flexi-Glass upper, lower and tank cover. Bought the SharkSkinz seat base to go with the tail….

Very Cool. Interested to see how they all fit together. I know the Flexi-glass tank cover is shaped different than the Sharkskinz one. Cant wait to see it all put together.

• Like 1

Looks great.  Good that you got it all fit together.  Changing around the subframe positioning would be way out of my wheelhouse.  Do you feel that it change the handling characteristics a lot?

On 4/23/2022 at 4:10 AM, jb.junior said:

Looks great.  Good that you got it all fit together.  Changing around the subframe positioning would be way out of my wheelhouse.  Do you feel that it change the handling characteristics a lot?

I dont think it changed the handling at all. The seat is in the same place it was before I had to shorten the subframe to bring the tail closer because the R6 seat Im using is a lot shorter lengthwise than the R7 seat so there was a gap. I also didnt care for how far back the R7 tail sits over the rear tire. I had an R6 tail on it last year but I never liked the angle it had on top. It kind of tilted down almost before and now the tail has a slit upword tilt to match the angle of the tank cover. Its really a ton of work for a look on a bike I may throw down the road someday but its part of racing I love is building the bikes and making them different from everything else on the grid. I raced with AHRMA last weekend and had a lot of people come ask what the bike is because it kinda looks like and R6 but as soon as they hear it they know its not. The tinkering part and modifying is really fun for me and do all of my own work including the vinyl. It takes a ton of patience to do but I enjoy it as it takes my mind off of everyday life stressors and such. My wife asks me all the time when Im working on stuff in the garage why I dont have a radio on or some kind of background noise and she thinks its weird for me to be spending hours in complete silence working on bikes. I wouldnt even notice if music was playing as Im just completely emersed in what im doing.

• Like 2

This is what the R6 tail looked like last year. It was ok but I was always kind of annoyed by the angle of the top. I like it much better now with the R7 tail. 

IMG_20200803_200634462.thumb.jpg.6039c761f2ee7f0f7e9ef3125db9119a.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2022 at 3:37 AM, cosp600rr said:

This is what the R6 tail looked like last year. It was ok but I was always kind of annoyed by the angle of the top. I like it much better now with the R7 tail. 

IMG_20200803_200634462.thumb.jpg.6039c761f2ee7f0f7e9ef3125db9119a.jpg

Looks great!

Heres a couple pictures from Round 2 of our season at PPIR. As pretty as it is I do still race it and my old ass has managed to put in on the podium 4 times so far. 3 wins and a 3rd so far this year. Pretty Happy with how my season is starting off so far!

285167848_386511743437793_3479668523409756139_n.thumb.jpg.22b517b130867e08f87c515140354685.jpg

286252085_998821037669575_1999897656730304042_n.jpg

• Like 6