The MT-07 Forum

Turn signal replacements

scat2me

Does anyone know of or have experience with replacing the stock turn signals?   I have had to replace/repair the rear turn signal's 3 times. For some reason the rubber mount to the tail cracks and the lamp just hangs there. I have a feeling someone either bumps into the bike or hits it intentionally. I keep the bike under a cover and suspect the lawn care guys are hitting it. I can't prove it, but it only happens when they come around.  If there is a plug and play replacement using LED lamps, I would appreciate the advice.   Thanks

BruceWayne911
Just now, scat2me said:

Does anyone know of or have experience with replacing the stock turn signals?   I have had to replace/repair the rear turn signal's 3 times. For some reason the rubber mount to the tail cracks and the lamp just hangs there. I have a feeling someone either bumps into the bike or hits it intentionally. I keep the bike under a cover and suspect the lawn care guys are hitting it. I can't prove it, but it only happens when they come around.  If there is a plug and play replacement using LED lamps, I would appreciate the advice.   Thanks

Combine your 2018-2020 MT-07 brake / running light and turn signals into...

Replace your bulky stock Yamaha front signals with low profile superbright...

This is what I use as turn signals on my MT-07.

Just now, BruceWayne911 said:

Combine your 2018-2020 MT-07 brake / running light and turn signals into...

Replace your bulky stock Yamaha front signals with low profile superbright...

This is what I use as turn signals on my MT-07.

Will the integrated lamp work with the Fender? I don't want to remove it.

• Global Moderator

Depending on the state you live in integrated turn signals may not be legal (they are not in Washington state).  Whether you care or not is up to you, I just wanted to make sure you know to check. 

• Like 1

BruceWayne911
Just now, scat2me said:

Will the integrated lamp work with the Fender? I don't want to remove it.

I'm not 100% sure. You should be able to because all your doing is integrating the rear light and turn signals all into one unit. Type this product into YouTube and watch the step by step installation tutorial. It will give you a idea on whether or not you can keep the fender.

I watched the video when I had to install.

Just now, mjh937 said:

Depending on the state you live in integrated turn signals may not be legal (they are not in Washington state).  Whether you care or not is up to you, I just wanted to make sure you know to check. 

I live in Florida. I'm sure there are laws. I'm also sure no one obeys them. They used to when Florida was a part of the USA..  that was along time ago

• Global Moderator

I just did some more research and it is a DOT requirement that turn signals be at least nine inches apart, not a state law.  I also doubt it is enforced, I just want people to have all the information before they make a decision. 

I did some research. I'm going with this. Simple and very effective

My Custom Yamaha MT-07 Signal Lights! - YouTube

R1 turn signals use the same mounting base and are very nice quality LEDs. If you can find a good deal on eBay you can get good quality blinkers you can trust. 

They have solid stalks, so it cures the floppiness and cracking of the stickers. They're plenty robust, but if you run in to them or mash them with throw overs you might snap then off, though. 

1153286208_image(1).thumb.jpg.cb822123331546e689c2cb74797d5899.jpg

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, scat2me said:

I keep the bike under a cover and suspect the lawn care guys are hitting it. I can't prove it, but it only happens when they come around. 

If it were me I'd be finding better lawncare guys so I'd be less tempted to beat them with a ball bat.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I live in a Condo. The Lawn care guys are hired by the management company. They show up like an army. Usually, 20 to 30 guys... I have a security Camera, but I can't tell if its Jose, Carlos, Juan, Felipe, Gonzalo, Roberto, Jaime, Julio, Rosendo, Pedro, Mateau, Markos, Raul, Ruben, Santiago or Carmen...

Edited by scat2me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scat2me said:

Thanks, any specific brand or vendor?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. They are the stock turn signals that Yamaha puts on the R1 motorcycle from the factory. 

I'm rocking Rizoma Visions in the back. They are very bright and direct, no way a car doesn't see it. Looks sleek too.

They are just very pricey, so you're definitely paying for them.

Edited by varzaman