The MT-07 Forum

Looking for a comfortable sporty riding position MT-07

BruceWayne911

BruceWayne911

Hey everyone I'm looking to make my MT-07 a little more sporty. Like sport touring comfort. Im 5'8 does anyone have handlebars/rear set recommendations?

I find my MT-07 very comfortable in a sport-touring way.  Do you find the handlebar too high?

• Like 1

BruceWayne911

No I actually like the riding position but I often like to ride on the highway and after a few hours the wind beats me up at 100mph+(I know its speeding but I like to open it up sometimes). The plan is to get the Puig touring windscreen and upgrade the handlebars and rearsets to a sport touring position.

I'm confused because you said you like the riding position, but want a more sport-touring position.  Also I think the MT-07 has a very sport-touring riding position already. 

I played with various windscreens with my Moto Guzzi a few years ago.  I started out with a tall one, but the wind broke right about mid-helmet level, and I couldn't take the roaring noise that created.  I cut it down so the wind broke at my mid-torso, and it was OK, but really didn't accomplish much at that point so I took it off.  What I learned was that for me, an effective windscreen would have to make the air break over my head, so it would have to be very tall, like on a police bike.  I don't think I'd like that any better then no windscreen.

Edited by Triple Jim

I have a few suggestions   Corbin Gunfighter seat, Pro Taper Evo Adventure Handlebars 1-1/8", Pro Taper 7/8" To 1 1/8" Universal Handlebar riser, Odi Rouge Dual-Ply Off-Road/Dirt Bike Motorcycle Hand Grips - Black/Black/Size 130mm, and a good wind screen.  I First used a Puig Naked New Generation Windscreen Yamaha. I switched it to a Madstad this year.  I868165646_LavaRed5.thumb.jpg.21a223c3340284c6b8152d42745e5278.jpg'm 5'10 an 150lbs. This setup makes the bike much more comfortable for me.

Bike 2.jpg

Bike 5.jpg

Bike 8.jpg

• Like 2

BruceWayne911
Just now, scat2me said:

I have a few suggestions   Corbin Gunfighter seat, Pro Taper Evo Adventure Handlebars 1-1/8", Pro Taper 7/8" To 1 1/8" Universal Handlebar riser, Odi Rouge Dual-Ply Off-Road/Dirt Bike Motorcycle Hand Grips - Black/Black/Size 130mm, and a good wind screen.  I First used a Puig Naked New Generation Windscreen Yamaha. I switched it to a Madstad this year.  I868165646_LavaRed5.thumb.jpg.21a223c3340284c6b8152d42745e5278.jpg'm 5'10 an 150lbs. This setup makes the bike much more comfortable for me.

Bike 2.jpg

Bike 5.jpg

Bike 8.jpg

Is that Corbin seat worth $600?

It was to me. Any future bike will have a Corbin seat. I don't care what a bike sounds like. Some people pay  a lot of money for the sound. I prefer to be comfortable. To each his own.

Edited by scat2me
Spelling
  • Like 3

Just now, scat2me said:

It was to me. Any future bike will have a Corbin seat. I don't care what a bike sounds like. Some people pay  a lot of money for the sound. I prefer to be comfortable. To each his own.

I agree completely, but I'm lucky that I find the stock seat very comfortable.  Go figure... our butts are not all the same.   :)