The MT-07 Forum

2019 MT-07 front forks & rear shock

BruceWayne911

BruceWayne911

So I've got a year of riding under my belt with the MT-07 and I gonna upgrade the suspension. I noticed under heavy braking it felt like I was on a pogo stick. Sometimes I even noticed the tip of my motorcycle boot skimming the ground. I am a heavy rider at 300lbs. I can't seem to find the ohlins front forks anywhere. Are there any other reliable front forks on the market for heavy riders?

Also whats the difference between these rear shocks? I'm just a weekend warrior.

k_tech_rcu_razor_r_lite_rear_shock.jpg

Unlike your OEM shock, this shock features 3 ways of adjustability...

k_tech_rcu_razor_r_rear_shock.jpg

K-Tech RCU Razor-R Rear Shock offers riders greatly improved...

k_tech_rcu_razor_rr_yamaha_fz_mt072013_r

The K-Tech Razor RR Racing Shock was developed specifically for the...

Edited by BruceWayne911
Misspelling

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I have the Razor R "lite" on my R3, and the Razor "R" on my FZ-07. They both work about the same. The  Razor "R" has a remote resivor, and has compression dampening adjustability in addition to the rebound adjustability that both the "R" & "Lite" both have. The Razor "RR" has the same features as the "R", but has a longer body to lift the rear of the bike slightly higher. It's really only used by racers that want to change their steering head angle for sharper turning on a race track. For street use, I'd recommend the Razor R "Lite". K-Tech does a pretty good job of setting them up right, and you really don't to mess around much with the compression dampening.

As far as the front, I HIGHLY recommend this fork kit. Traxxion Dynamics has been around for a long time. You give them your weight & riding style, and they build this kit to suit your specific needs. Very high quality stuff, and it will transform your front end. 

https://traxxion.com/product/ar-25-axxion-rod-damper-kit/

• Thanks 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Another vote for the Razor Lite. Full transparency, I never ran one on my FZ 07, but I have the Razor Lite shock on my FZ 09 along with Ktech's $180 fork kit. Compared to the Ohlins fork cartridges and custom built shock I run on my FZ 07, the Ktech suspension on my FZ 09 is way nicer right out of the box. Personally, I would save the money and stick with the Lite.

If you decide later on that you absolutely need the remote bladder with compression adjustment it can be added to the Lite. It's cheaper to do it up front, but the Lite is so good that you'd really have to be searching for every last little crumb of "performance" to outride that shock. 

p.s.- Give Tom at biohazard cycles a chance. He's usually cheaper than RevZilla. Mine was $450 to my door last fall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BruceWayne911
Just now, cornerslider said:

I have the Razor R "lite" on my R3, and the Razor "R" on my FZ-07. They both work about the same. The  Razor "R" has a remote resivor, and has compression dampening adjustability in addition to the rebound adjustability that both the "R" & "Lite" both have. The Razor "RR" has the same features as the "R", but has a longer body to lift the rear of the bike slightly higher. It's really only used by racers that want to change their steering head angle for sharper turning on a race track. For street use, I'd recommend the Razor R "Lite". K-Tech does a pretty good job of setting them up right, and you really don't to mess around much with the compression dampening.

As far as the front, I HIGHLY recommend this fork kit. Traxxion Dynamics has been around for a long time. You give them your weight & riding style, and they build this kit to suit your specific needs. Very high quality stuff, and it will transform your front end. 

https://traxxion.com/product/ar-25-axxion-rod-damper-kit/

It looks like the highest traxxiin goes for weight is 300lbs. The ohlins I was looking at went to 350lbs.

Just now, BruceWayne911 said:

It looks like the highest traxxiin goes for weight is 300lbs. The ohlins I was looking at went to 350lbs.

It is just matter of picking up spring for weight. Call them up and they will know what you need.

In general every 30# is another spring rate up. 

• Like 2

nozeitgeist1800

if you want the ohlins biohazard has both versions (grey/yellow and black) link to black one - 

stx-46-dr1-blackline_s46dr1l_du615_15330

OHLINS YA 430 STX 46 Blackline REAR Shock Absorber FZ07 MT07 MT-07

i bought my razor r-lite from them as well and im incredibly pleased with how it has turned out, the sponginess i feel in the front is almost completely gone now that ive fixed the rear.

link to razor r-lite - 

21764__82669.1637245625.480.480.jpg?c=2

K-TECH Suspension Razor-R Lite Rear Shock 287SD-013 FZ07 MT07 MT-07

link to razor r- 

279S-013-270-007__31308.1645848766.480.4

K-TECH 279S-013 RAZOR-R REAR SHOCKS MT07 MT-07

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
BruceWayne911

Once I lose weight isn't it still a good idea to put the stiffest front forks and rear shock on your motorcycle? When you ride 2up more than likely you'll max the suspension out.

M. Hausknecht

I don't know just how stiff the "stiffest" motorcycle springs are, so you may or may not be right that they are best for your weight (present or future), but why guess? Just get input from whomever you buy the springs etc. from. 

Riding two up sometimes versus solo isn't analogous because it necessarily involves compromises. The same springs aren't ideal for both situations, so the best you can do is pick a set of springs (I picked for my solo weight on my streetbike because it matters more to me than an ideal two up setup) and add or subtract spring preload. Additionally, with better suspension, you can add compression damping to help slow the spring compression of extra weight when two up riding.

I've seen guys big as you at track days. Their bikes weren't bottomed out on their suspensions so I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get a decent suspension set up.