The MT-07 Forum

How much torque for this part? Please help!

OneOrp

Hey guys I want install this part to my 2022 MT-07, I'm adding the place it should be install, there 3 bolts there, does anyone knows the torque this bolts should be when I closing them ?

Also this part should be below the plate or above the plate is currently there?

Thanks a lot!!

Screenshot_20220301-185907~2.png

PXL_20220228_221317007~2.jpg

• Global Moderator

This is from the service manual.  I do not know what that part is called so I am not sure if there is a specific torque value for them, but these values should work.  I do not think it would matter if you installed the part above or below the existing plate.  I would just do whatever looked the best. 

CD04C63D-8C41-426A-9F04-8B947A995398.png

• Like 1

Civiltechyyc

From the chart above I'd set it at 22 ft.lbs and check it after a week of riding. Throw on some threadlock for good measure and forget about it.

M. Hausknecht

What is the point of this part? Cosmetic or structural? If it is equal in gauge or heavier than the stock part, I'd assume it is intended to replace the stock part. If it is cosmetic only (I wouldn't use it, personally), I'd mount it outboard of the stock part. I'd also use longer bolts, so you don't have less engagement of the threads. In any event, the manual calls for 18 ft/lbs for the bolts to the frame tabs, and 41 ft/lbs for the bolt to the cylinder head. I wouldn't use threadlocker, especially on the bolt that runs into the head (aluminum).

• Premium Member

The Service Manual shows 26-lb- ft. for those bolts.

Ed

• Like 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Just now, M. Hausknecht said:

What is the point of this part? Cosmetic or structural? If it is equal in gauge or heavier than the stock part, I'd assume it is intended to replace the stock part. If it is cosmetic only (I wouldn't use it, personally), I'd mount it outboard of the stock part. I'd also use longer bolts, so you don't have less engagement of the threads. In any event, the manual calls for 18 ft/lbs for the bolts to the frame tabs, and 41 ft/lbs for the bolt to the cylinder head. I wouldn't use threadlocker, especially on the bolt that runs into the head (aluminum).

Never quite understood some of the covers that are cosmetic.  Of course I have an XSR and that is like the first thing most owners do, cover everything up.   I got the bike because I kind of like everything uncovered.  Instead of some cover to go over the rear brake reservoir I put in a machined aluminum one - $8 on Amazon and looks good.   No need to add other covers.   But then again that's my way.

M. Hausknecht
Just now, Evill_Ed said:

The Service Manual shows 26-lb- ft. for those bolts.

Ed

Ed, you sure? I have an original hardcopy manual from Yamaha for the 2018-19 right here. The little ones (to the frame) are 25nM, by the way. All three wouldn't be the same, in any event, because the bolt to the motor is larger than the other two.

• Premium Member
Just now, M. Hausknecht said:

Ed, you sure? I have an original hardcopy manual from Yamaha for the 2018-19 right here. The little ones (to the frame) are 25nM, by the way. All three wouldn't be the same, in any event, because the bolt to the motor is larger than the other two.

I’ll have to double check, I might have looked at the wrong part/ bolt diagram. 

Ed 

• Premium Member

The engine mount bolt is 40 ft./lb or 55Nm

The engine bracket bolt is 18ft./lb or 25 Nm

According to my service manual.

• Premium Member

Okay, looks like there are there different size bolts on those brackets?

This is from the R7 Service Manual, but I would expect them to be the same. 

Ed

239.thumb.JPG.1d0532e40026a4ce5c78d6f0dbdec3da.JPG

M. Hausknecht

Big bolt torque is the same. The two smaller bolts are higher here than in my MT 07 manual. Interesting. 🤓

• Like 1