The MT-07 Forum

ECU relocation

fzar

• Premium Member

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what to do with the ecu to get it to fit with ionemoto/sharkskinz body work. 2015 fz-07 so no abs to contend with. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Dave.

M. Hausknecht
Just now, fzar said:

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what to do with the ecu to get it to fit with ionemoto/sharkskinz body work. 2015 fz-07 so no abs to contend with. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Dave.

Dave,

The AP kit includes an aluminum plate that allows for the mounting to the main backbone, above the #2 cylinder and below the fuel tank. There is heavy duty velcro attaching the ECU to the plate. You could make one out of any old piece of sheetmetal you've got lying around. See another one of my crappy photos.

ECU.jpg

• Like 1

I think mine is an AP kit, but it's one of the earlier models, so it's a slightly different setup.  No Velcro.  I can take pics when I get home, but it's in about the same place.

Mine sits in a little recess on the bracket and is held in with a rubber strap. 

C94EEFDB-2E4F-4A56-B56C-BF6A06E793FC.jpeg

582D65D5-F8A0-4638-AF24-C76927A76B87.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As of now I'm thinking about cutting the existing holder and laying it flat. I'm trying to be efficient with my time as I now have a design oversight by the fairing maker, and my hazard lights are flashing on the dash! The switch has already been removed, I don't know. One step forward, two steps back kinda deal right now. 

Dave.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
cornerslider

Hey Dave, are you running the "stock" ECU with a PCV, or a flashed ECU? If the ECU has been flashed, it may worth contacting whoever flashed it? I had 100% support from 2WDW when I changed some things- at ZERO cost other than shipping.

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 3:16 AM, fzar said:

As of now I'm thinking about cutting the existing holder and laying it flat. I'm trying to be efficient with my time as I now have a design oversight by the fairing maker, and my hazard lights are flashing on the dash! The switch has already been removed, I don't know. One step forward, two steps back kinda deal right now. 

Dave.

That exactly what I did….removed the old mount, used a cut disc on a grinder and trimmed off all excess. Remounted to same location and put down a piece of rubber for ECU to lay on. Finished it off with a zip tie…

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 3/1/2022 at 2:03 PM, Tpadden said:

Here is how mine is mounted with the ionemoto/sharkskins.

IMG_0302.thumb.jpg.2786c9ee335c1ca0b17ab2faf668a6b7.jpg

As much as I love this in it's simplicity, your relocation would not work for sharskins V2 fairings. The problem is the height of the holder and ecu. The V2 I have is different to V1. I wish I went with flexiglass, I would have saved time and money, not to mention the stress involved with the B.S. I contacted sharkskins and spoke with  my correspondent throughout this ordeal and he told me "You have quite the journey ahead of you". This is head of sales @ sharkskins. I mentioned that before either in this thread or somewhere else. Its a total pain in the bollox. But, apparently this is how they operate.

Nice Samco hose right there.

Dave.