The MT-07 Forum

Anyone know what this is?

fzar

• Premium Member

I was working on my bike relocating the rectifier and the relays and I hear a metallic sound pinball sound  effect until it hit the floor. I didn't see anything that I had touched or moved around that resembles this but here it is:

B9269698-0877-46C7-8BB7-A4C034F8746D.jpeg

F617202E-6490-4094-A626-BEE66F35760B.jpeg

6F3A1918-6B69-4257-AD81-4AB848B116E0.jpegAny clue to what it is or where it’s from? I feel like I recognize it, but I cannot figure out what it is.

• Premium Member

Here’s one more picture:

DE38AC54-0FD6-4395-9497-EBF86640CA9E.jpeg

I forgot to mention I put the tank back on the bike hooked everything up and and there were no codes or any notification that something was wrong via the dash. It started fine, I'm just dumbfounded as to what it is and where it came from.

It doesn't look like any part of the motorcycle to me.

It might have been something involved in how the bike was packed for pre-delivery, or something that came from the dealer when they unpacked the new bike.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Civiltechyyc said:

I am no help at all but my first step would be to check the parts diagram from Partzilla or Revzilla just to confirm. 

Unfortunately I don't think it's a part, more like a peice of a part if anything.

• Premium Member

Did you buy your bike used or remove any accessories like a windscreen or phone mount? Could be something that was dropped and lost?

It does not look like an FZ part to me. 

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Evill_Ed said:

Did you buy your bike used or remove any accessories like a windscreen or phone mount? Could be something that was dropped and lost?

It does not look like an FZ part to me. 

Ed

Used 42K miles ago. Its all apart now fitting bodywork and brackets.

Dave.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I too am dumbfounded??? I'd call it "something from shipping", and not give it a second thought 😆... AND, your bike just got lighter- WINNING!!!!

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

That's an interesting pokey bit on the end. Nice, smooth rounded nub. I'd hang on to it. Looks like a good tool for popping the body pins with. 

At first I was gonna say feeler gauge fell out of the toolkit, but there's no size markings and it looks a bit thick for that anyway.

I found a wrench in the engine bay of a car once. A car I'd completely restored and the wrench had someone's initials engraved in it that I didn't recognize. I swear it must've been the luckiest piece of road debris catching that ever happened, because I have no idea otherwise. 

p.s.- it was aliens 👽

Edited by shinyribs

nozeitgeist1800

it looks a bit like a bent part of a retail merchandise display, like it fits into another piece just like it in one of the shelves at the end of the aisle or something.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, scat2me said:

So based on all of the responses it's pretty clear... no one knows what it is

So far anyway.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, scratchpad said:

Looks familiar.

Looks almost like a battery tray holder

I find it very familiar also I just can't pin it down what it is. I 'll probably figure it out after I throw it away. FFS!

That's the clip that holds the crumb tray under your toaster, throw it away and move on! 

Sheesh.

Lol. 

I've never seen that on one of these and I've been around em a little bit.

Edited by mossrider
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, mossrider said:

That's the clip that holds the crumb tray under your toaster, throw it away and move on! 

Sheesh.

Lol. 

I've never seen that on one of these and I've been around em a little bit.

You are missed here my friend!!!! Hope you are well 😎 -

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"