The MT-07 Forum

Rev limmiting

Mario Rivera

Hi guys, i signed up to see if i can get an answer, its about the rev limiter of my 2021 MT07, its malfunctioning. My bike ecu is flashed dyno tuned and after that took off the air box to see if the throttle flaps, the butter flys where opening 100% and they werent so i cut just a little bit off the restrictor plate and made them open completely even though my bike is from US with no restrictions, anyway the thing is that after i did that when wanting to rev limit you know wap pappapap, it doesnt, not even the person that tuned the bike knows whats going on. Any help will be very appreciated.

In what way is it malfunctioning -sounds like maybe the limiter isn't working at all / the engine is over-revving?

Edited by ducarmont
punctuation
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ducarmont said:

In what way is it malfunctioning -sounds like maybe the limiter isn't working at all / the engine is over-revving?

It works sometimes, sometime pulling the throttle quick, some times pulling it slow and mostly over revs the limit programmed for. Like i said not even the Mec that tuned my bike knows what is going on.

M. Hausknecht

Is your bike a California model? What "restrictor plate" did you cut?

Are you saying the butterflys in the throttle bodies weren't opening all of the way, so you weren't actually getting full throttle?