The MT-07 Forum

Evill_Ed's 2022 Mods - Flexi-Glass

Evill_Ed

• Premium Member

Had a good weekend at NJMP with my son this past Saturday. We both rode well and had a great time. A little FZ vs. SV action 😉

Love the new riding position from the bodywork and clip-ons as well as the  slipper clutch.

IMG_0471.thumb.JPG.86b5fc1c3ce73dddcf114258647168c1.JPG

Letting the Kid lead me around for a few laps.

IMG_0470.thumb.JPG.dce14b65599443f6ca4c3176881817d5.JPG

• Like 4

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Looks good. 

My Flexiglass has held up great.  I've crashed it three times so far (not been a great season, for many reasons...).  Did a quick repair done (some quick glass, paint and duct tape work :/) to pass tech at Road America but am getting it totally redone now.  It's good stuff.

IMG_6578.jpg

IMG_6660.jpg

IMG_6742.jpg

IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6787.jpg

Edited by jb.junior
Added pics.
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 3:50 AM, Evill_Ed said:

So here is the new look for 2022.

I dusted off my spray guns, it's been 17 years since I last painted anything. 

image.thumb.png.4474f04b7155945a2c1451bb87c85f2e.png

image.thumb.png.19ce021573c0d75de6949896d47c5a2a.png

image.png.2601b429608a22350239674578d73262.png

image.png.b18d7c92a8a39b7053611fec32fb43ce.png

Absolutely bitching.  

Do you have any problems with the fairing stay "staying" put?  Mine seems to not get tight enough and wants to wiggle and get side ways.  It was also slipping down lower than where I wanted it, so we put in a spacer of sorts to hold it at the right height.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, jb.junior said:

Absolutely bitching.  

Do you have any problems with the fairing stay "staying" put?  Mine seems to not get tight enough and wants to wiggle and get side ways.  It was also slipping down lower than where I wanted it, so we put in a spacer of sorts to hold it at the right height.

Thanks JB

As for the fairing stay, yes, mine will rotate side to side a bit even though I have it tightened down good. Up and down so far stays in place. When it looks off center left to right, a small push gets it back in line. Actually, I prefer that it can move bit, rigid things tend to crack. 

Ed

• Like 1

WhiteJesusRides

How'd you keep the little 3D printed dowels for the robem flexiglass mounts on the sides from sliding out when riding? I had issues with the little dowels snapping and also sliding out 

Just now, WhiteJesusRides said:

How'd you keep the little 3D printed dowels for the robem flexiglass mounts on the sides from sliding out when riding? I had issues with the little dowels snapping and also sliding out 

They should have holes in them, where you can either use a clip or safety wire, that line up with the holes in the metal things that attach to the frame.  At least that's how they come.  If you printed them yourself, maybe they don't have this hole.

M. Hausknecht
1 hour ago, jb.junior said:

They should have holes in them, where you can either use a clip or safety wire, that line up with the holes in the metal things that attach to the frame.  At least that's how they come.  If you printed them yourself, maybe they don't have this hole.

I have the AP mounts but they're very similar to the Robem stuff. My front mount doesn't move though. And yeah, use clips in the plastic printed thingies; much easier than safety wire.

Just now, M. Hausknecht said:

I have the AP mounts but they're very similar to the Robem stuff. My front mount doesn't move though. And yeah, use clips in the plastic printed thingies; much easier than safety wire.

The front AP mount is a lot different than the Robem mount.  It's a little heavier (+.5lbs), but but sturdier and does not move.  Let me see if I can find pics of both to post.  If you're running the Flexiglass, the Robem stay is the only option.  The side mounts are interchangable.

M. Hausknecht
Just now, jb.junior said:

The front AP mount is a lot different than the Robem mount.  It's a little heavier (+.5lbs), but but sturdier and does not move.  Let me see if I can find pics of both to post.  If you're running the Flexiglass, the Robem stay is the only option.  The side mounts are interchangable.

I'm using original AP bodywork. It is very light and flexible (thin). I wasn't aware I can't use the Flexiglass stuff, so thanks of that.

Just now, M. Hausknecht said:

I'm using original AP bodywork. It is very light and flexible (thin). I wasn't aware I can't use the Flexiglass stuff, so thanks of that.

Robem has two options for its fairing stays: one that fits Sharkskinz / AP, one that fits Flexiglass.  It uses the same base, which I honestly don't like, because it comes lose and wants to move around.  

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, WhiteJesusRides said:

I made new plugs out of Nylon. I found the printed ones tend to crack at the hole location. I also needed a thicker one for the front fairing. I got some spring clips for Kurvey Girl to hold them in place. I did need to drill holes in the metal mounting tubes for the pins. 

Ed

image.png.c0c4830f370fc87eb52c28f7d7ae4807.png

eBu5QBWQQwm-i9Sb8T6H2Q.jpg

qBrwY2fIRh6R6jIJ8-jPGA.jpg

Just now, Evill_Ed said:

I made new plugs out of Nylon. I found the printed ones tend to crack at the hole location. I also needed a thicker one for the front fairing. I got some spring clips for Kurvey Girl to hold them in place. I did need to drill holes in the metal mounting tubes for the pins. 

Ed

image.png.c0c4830f370fc87eb52c28f7d7ae4807.png

eBu5QBWQQwm-i9Sb8T6H2Q.jpg

qBrwY2fIRh6R6jIJ8-jPGA.jpg

Badass.  Yeah, I inherited some 3d printed ones in a parts box, and they don't work worth a sh*t.  Nylon is the way to go.