The MT-07 Forum

Air Filter change

scat2me

If you switch to a K&N Engine Air Filter: High Performance, Premium, Powersport Air Filter:  do you have to re-tune the Bike?   My bike is stock right now. 

• Premium Member

It depends on the situation..... If you changed to an "OEM style" K&N air filter (that retains the OEM airbox), you will most likely be okay. If you go to more race oriented such as the "Hordpower Intake", that removes the OEM airbox- you will have to retune the bike. Hope that helps-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Technically any change to airflow (in or out) will effect fuel trim.  When I had my ECU tuned for a"stock" motor they set it up for airbox snorkel removed.  So they take in account the slight difference in airflow. 

The FZ/MT-07 needs a tune regardless of mods for better throttle reponse and removing decel fuel cut.

That being said, you won't hurt anything without getting it re-flashed, but you won't be able to optimize the upgrade witjhout it.

I'm not concerned about performance. I am very happy with the bike as is. I just want to change the filter and saw K & N  for about the same price as stock. 

• Like 1