The MT-07 Forum

Moving to Texas, have a couple questions about inspections.

Mt707

To start off, I’m in California right now so I don’t have to worry about anybody looking at my bike unless I get pulled over, and they have yet to care about my exhaust or rear end. 

I am moving to Texas soon and I was just reading they do motorcycle inspections. I have the Akra full carbon which I know doesn’t fly in Cali, but being Texas and the lack of exhaust laws, will mine pass or do I need to slap the stock back on for a day for emissions? Also will my tst integrated tail light pass (not dot) and do I need to throw rear blinkers back on?

I have everything still just really rather not spend a couple hours swapping everything back twice in the same day. 
Also, if I do have to go back to stock exhaust, will that f%#$ my bike up ridding to and from said inspection since I have  my ecu flashed?  

nozeitgeist1800

if the inspection for titling and registering out of state vehicles is anything like it is where im at, all they do is verify vin matches title / registration, and look for anything that stands out. id be surprised if they know enough about bikes to know that the akra isnt stock.

M. Hausknecht

If Texas is anything like North Carolina, no one will care. To be safe, I'd check the motorcycle inspection requirements in Texas to see what is covered. Here is what I found quickly:

Texas Vehicle Inspection Program, a central repository for information on vehicle inspection, emissions testings, and...

And this:

Texas Vehicle Inspection Program, a central repository for information on vehicle inspection, emissions testings, and...

Best move you'll ever make.  Just don't bring "Commiefornia" ideals here.  Just kidding.

No emissions inspection here in Texas.  Only safety.  You can run whatever exhaust you want for inspection.  Welcome to freedom.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jb.junior said:

Best move you'll ever make.  Just don't bring "Commiefornia" ideals here.  Just kidding.

No emissions inspection here in Texas.  Only safety.  You can run whatever exhaust you want for inspection.  Welcome to freedom.

Doing everything I can to get as far away from the commiefornia ideals as I can lol.

Right on. That was my main concern. Everything I’ve found and everything in the links above state all vehicles need to have a catalytic converter but that’s all under the regular vehicle stuff, not motorcycles so I was confused. 

I appreciate all yall