The MT-07 Forum

Dealers in CA SUCK! overpriced

jrubicon

Just put my deposit down on a white fz07 two days ago. I went through Scott at Berkeley Yamaha Dealership for an OTD of $8100.00 
Im pleased with the price... Although I am seeing other states luckily paying hundreds of dollars less... Jealous..

I went through Scott as well. Same exact price. This dude is nails. No bullshit, no issues. Straightforward deal and couldn't have been happier. See you on the road man!

Just put my deposit down on a white fz07 two days ago. I went through Scott at Berkeley Yamaha Dealership for an OTD of $8100.00 
Im pleased with the price... Although I am seeing other states luckily paying hundreds of dollars less... Jealous..

I went through Scott as well. Same exact price. This dude is nails. No bullshit, no issues. Straightforward deal and couldn't have been happier. See you on the road man!
I agree 100% I havent even met the guy in person. All conversations have been over the phone.. He just seems so straitforward and doesnt play games with you.. Great negotiator. I look forward to meeting him.. See you around.. Maybe after I get my bike we could go on a ride..  
Do you live in the bay? Im in petaluma. 

I agree 100% I havent even met the guy in person. All conversations have been over the phone.. He just seems so straitforward and doesnt play games with you.. Great negotiator. I look forward to meeting him.. See you around.. Maybe after I get my bike we could go on a ride..  
Do you live in the bay? Im in petaluma. 
Oakland. Let's do it when you get that bike man. I know some great rides around here, and I bet Petaluma has some hits as well. 

Thousand Oaks Powersports... Talk with Jordan... just tell them what you want to pay! He's a great guy and will work with you! Thousand Oaks, CA... (805) 497-3765. I've bought two bikes from him!

I was shocked when they initially gave me an OTD price. It included dealer fees, gap insurance and warranty. It was over 9k. The dealer needs to sell in order to pay staff and put food on the table and therefore is more motivated to work a deal as long as the buyer is willing put a reasonable number down and walk out if it's not met.  As long as the warehouse has more bikes, they can milk the next buyer.
7800 OTD in Southern CA

I said earlier in this thread that I paid $8100...just checked and it was actually $8400 . $700 setup fee!?!?

I also got 5 year warranty for free though.

Warranty is certainly not free. It is a very high commission item. After the transaction is done, the dealer redo some paper work to look like the commission was sold for $700 and setup fee $0, and the salesman/woman get some 10% to 50% of the $700.

• 5 months later...
bikecrazy724

Hi.. I am planning to purchase FZ-07 in couple of weeks. Has anyone recently purchased one in Bay Area? 
I am curious about "Out the door" price. 

Thanks in advance.

• Premium Member

i just bought one at east bay motorsports last saturday for 8500 with warranty and gap,but i had to get up and leave like 3 times.

squidsquiddly

For anyone curious: got mine at Berts mega mall in white for $7700 OTD. They are a high volume dealer which usually lets them go lower than the competition. If you're willing to drive the deals are out there.

Originally quoted 8,800 OTD from Yamaha of Pasadena. *chuckle*. Yeah right, no way I was paying that.

• Premium Member
For anyone curious: got mine at Berts mega mall in white for $7700 OTD. They are a high volume dealer which usually lets them go lower than the competition. If you're willing to drive the deals are out there.  
Originally quoted 8,800 OTD from Yamaha of Pasadena. *chuckle*. Yeah right, no way I was paying that.
Curious to how long ago this was? I bought mine in Pasadena several months ago for way less than that. I was just there today and they had them stickered way less than that. Of course that is stickered, plus tax and before any discussion. I bought my Husky at Berts 2 years ago and the after sale service was such that I will never buy a bike there again. But to each their own. I like to support local business.

squidsquiddly

Curious to how long ago this was? I bought mine in Pasadena several months ago for way less than that. I was just there today and they had them stickered way less than that. Of course that is stickered, plus tax and before any discussion. I bought my Husky at Berts 2 years ago and the after sale service was such that I will never buy a bike there again. But to each their own. I like to support local business.

This was two months ago. I'm a young guy and I'm pretty sure the salesman thought he could pull a fast one on me by asking for that price. Regardless, I negotiated them down to $8,250 after having several dealerships from antelope valley to Cucamonga bid each other.

FYI a Cucamonga has a webpage that advertises 7,990 OTD. You can use that ask bargaining power as I did.

Yeah Berts has pretty mixed reviews but then again I don't plan on going back to them for any of my service needs. I have a local Yamaha dealer that is pretty reputable.

I purchased a 5 year warranty for a few extra dollars that is eligible to be used at any motorcycle dealership whether it is an authorized Yamaha dealer or not. Thought that was pretty cool. And that definitely gives me peace of mind for service requirements

I paid $7600 cash OTD at Del Amo in Long Beach in February. Did some research beforehand and went in and told them straight up I want to buy it for $7500 and after an hour or so of BS and me saying "no" to every counter offer that was higher, I finally took the deal for $7600 OTD and only because he said he had to order the blurple one. If I took the white one on the floor it was $7500, it was BS but I didn't want to argue another hour for $100..

I got 7990 OTD at Roseville Yamaha near Sacramento, no bullshit like the other dealers nearby were trying to pull like 9,000 or 8,700 or "no pricing until you come to the dealership". Just e-mail, tell him the price I wanted, go pay. If you want to argue you could probably get a couple hundred off but the two hour drive one way to potentially not make a deal wasn't worth my time over the life of the bike.

Also, they are very easy to work with there regarding everything else so far....

Try fun bike center in san diego. They have two on the floor, white and grey. Nearing end of month..shoot for 7500 otd
That was my deal but I've bought a few bikes from them so..
I love this bike btw! In hindsight even if it was 8k otd I'd be happy..had no idea how much fun this thing is..

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

$8,250 but that included the 5 year extended warranty for $580.00 + $575.00 sales tax + $130.00 vehicle license fees

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member

What ISN'T overpriced in CA? Of course, there seems to be a CA only model that must be sold there. May be part of it... this time.

Archived