The MT-07 Forum

Dealers in CA SUCK! overpriced

jrubicon

Im ready to buy, but these dealers here in CA are ruthless, $85OO, $8900, etc otd.
Are you kidding me. whats the point in a low priced bike if dealers price it this way.
still looking around for a deal, 8k would be a steal in CA. 8.75% tax!

www.youtube.com/infinion3

Killafornia

I feel u man! I bought mine for $8700 OTD. But i really want it right away and its new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine for $8400 OTD. Financed.

I didn't negotiate. I'm young and stupid. I just want to ride and have fun.

I would what you call a easy sale haha.

Guest brickst3r

What area in CA did you buy from rotary? I'm really scared now to see what I will have to pay when the time comes.

What area in CA did you buy from rotary? I'm really scared now to see what I will have to pay when the time comes.

The Bay Area.

Petaluma.

But I live near Tracy/Manteca.

Its damn worth the overprice tho!LOL 

Hey killafornia, where you at? 
im picking up a White one tomorrow, insanely excited. $8200 otd was what i agreed to, actualy found a place that was good with that price.  will update yall tomorro when i get it home

Killafornia

I bought my bike at Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino. I'm at the Beaumont area! Lets go for a drive i have a friend with Gladius

I bought my bike at Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino. I'm at the Beaumont area! Lets go for a drive i have a friend with Gladius 

um ya, your way far, im in norcal dude. I 've been to Beaumont once, me n bro ran kart practice at the moran track there. too bad its gone.
Anyhow, bought my white FZ today, 8200 OTD. the bike is freaking torquey, im 135 lbs so it doesn't feel me at all.

PearlWhiteFZ

I am only paying 7928.28 OTD. They didn't slap on non sense add ons. That is why John Burrs in Fontana is the way to go:). I have also done extensive research on which dealer I can get it closer to MSRP. All I can say is the smaller shops are the ones will give the best deals around. As for me I am waiting on my graphite FZ-07

Does Cali still tack on $2500 bucks onto new car msrp? Do they have an add on for bikes as well?

RRokay Raggie

Got mine for $8590 OTD. I would agree, buying new things in ca sucks.
wow, that's crazy. You can get an FZ-09 here cheaper than that.
Subject title says it all. This was the first bike I've ever bought brand new. I'm sure if I did some more research and spent more time at the dealer I could have lowered that price a bit. But I didn't, love the bike, that makes up for it. 

People have been moving here to the Boise area from California in droves for the last 15 years or so. My town was population 25,000 not that long ago. Now it's approaching 90,000. The stories they tell of taxes and prices are just crazy. Beautiful state, but man ya have one wacky state government.

tarmacsurfer

It tends to be almost the same here in the East Coast. I'm from Cali but live here now so am not surprised at the prices.

• 3 months later...
The Bay Area.

Petaluma.

I live in Petaluma.. What dealer did you go to for $8400 otd?

The Bay Area. 
Petaluma.

I live in Petaluma.. What dealer did you go to for $8400 otd?

K&B Motorsports

I bought mine for $8400 OTD. Financed. 
I didn't negotiate. I'm young and stupid. I just want to ride and have fun.

I would what you call a easy sale haha.
Yup. That's what I did too. :cool: I'm in New York and I paid around $8,500 OTD with 5 year warranty.

It blows my mind how much the prices are all over the place for the same thing. I took microeconomics and macroeconomics and one of the theories is that prices will be the same in all markets, but as we are all aware that is a bunch of crap. I cannot believe that it is even legal to tack on these kind of fees and I really think its wild that the manufacturers let them get away with it. I also can't believe that we let them get away with it either, but like I posted in another thread, haggling over money and waiting for 6 months is not an option for me as I am in SoCal and never put the bike away for the winter. Oh well I guess it really is what it is.

Follow me on Instagram. http://instagram.com/trebec

Just put my deposit down on a white fz07 two days ago. I went through Scott at Berkeley Yamaha Dealership for an OTD of $8100.00

Im pleased with the price... Although I am seeing other states luckily paying hundreds of dollars less... Jealous..

Archived