The MT-07 Forum

Kickstand not retracting completely

bartman5impson

bartman5impson

I've just noticed when I flip my kickstand up it doesn't go up all the way unless I give it an extra nudge. Does the spring wear out or is there something I can adjust?

• Premium Member

Have you checked, cleaned and lubricated the pivot point? Does it look bent? Any Crash damage?

• Like 2

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

bartman5impson
1 hour ago, Evill_Ed said:

Have you checked, cleaned and lubricated the pivot point? Does it look bent? Any Crash damage?

Hmm I'll try that. I did lowside the bike years ago but this problem only appeared recently.

• Like 1

bartman5impson

Put the bike on a rear stand, hit the kickstand with some degreaser and relubed it. Good as new! Usually when I put the bike up on the stand I leave the kickstand down. This time I forgot about the kickstand and took the bike off the rear stand... to the ground it went! Not much damage besides a $8 bar end mirror and some minor scuffs here and there. Won't be making that mistake again.🙃

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well at least the kickstand works correctly again 

• Haha 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

1 hour ago, bartman5impson said:

Not much damage besides a $8 bar end mirror...

Ha... I use those too.  When my daughter was new to riding she dropped the Ninja 250 a few times when doing something like stopping on a side slope.  It broke one of those mirrors half the time so I just put another one on when it happened.  Then a couple Christmases back she surprised me with a box of a couple sets of those mirrors.  😆