The MT-07 Forum

Batterymart YTZ10S comments

firstyammerha

firstyammerha

My 2016 battery has been sluggish taking charges lately so I decided to replace it even though it cranks the bike and works acceptably.  I suspect that its life is about over. I wanted a Yuasa again but was lured to the Batterymart website which directed me to their YTZ10S-BS  battery($54). I didn't realize it at the time but the terminals are on the opposite side of the battery from the Yuasa. The cables don't stretch enough to make an easy install so I'm returning it. The local dealer wants $224 for a Yuasa so I might choose the Motobatt MBTZ10S from the Batterymart people. This battery is $84 and has has multiple connection points and dimensions very close to the Yuasa. I believe this brand has received decent reviews so hey, what could go wrong? 😀

[I just realized, you weren't looking for advice, but letting us know about your battery.  But since I just finished typing everything out....]

Yuasa YTZ10S is currently $133 from Amazon ($124 from a 3rd party seller).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WJYZFA/

I am using a $89 AGM battery from NAPA.  The brand was MagnaPower (not as pictured on NAPA's web site), which is an East Penn Manufacturing brand, and was made in Vietnam.  So far, so good.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/PSB10SBS

https://www.eastpennmanufacturing.com/magnapower-batteries/

firstyammerha

Sorry if I placed my post in the wrong location but my original feeling about Batterymart is being adjusted to something more positive. They have contacted me almost daily about the terminal location of the new battery and why I can't use it. I have sent them pictures of the oem battery in the stock location with comments added to the pictures. Returning the battery would cost me $15 through the USPS. I have thought of making short extension leads for the oem cables but I don't like the way that would look. @Yakko Warner, how did that NAPA battery work out?

4 hours ago, firstyammerha said:

@Yakko Warner, how did that NAPA battery work out?

I've only had it for a few months now, but it's been fine, as you'd expect.  Fit perfectly.

nozeitgeist1800

ive had a really good experience with the antigravity battery i bought. 360 cca, 2 sets of terminals so you can rotate it / plug things in how you want to, and the self jump-start feature is very nice to have just in case. around $160 from biohazard

Edited by nozeitgeist1800

firstyammerha

Thanks for responding guys. I just dropped the Batterymart battery off at FedX this morning. I should give Batterymart some kudos. They emailed me a return label with them paying the freight back to the plant/office.  Now to complicate things further, I hopped on to the Yuasa website this morning to verify battery dimensions for the YTZ10S and noticed that they have a diagram of this battery with the terminals in the same location as the battery I returned. I swear my terminals are on the right side of the battery-the brake pedal side-with the positive terminal forward and the negative terminal facing the rear of the bike. I used the battery identifier feature of the Yuasa website using the date, manufacturer, model and engine size to determine which battery I needed. YTZ10S is what they called out. What's happening here! Pictures for your inspection.

stock 2016 Yamaha FZ07 battery orientation 2d view.jpg

stock 2016 Yamaha FZ07 battery orientation.jpg

49 minutes ago, firstyammerha said:

Now to complicate things further, I hopped on to the Yuasa website this morning to verify battery dimensions for the YTZ10S and noticed that they have a diagram of this battery with the terminals in the same location as the battery I returned. ... What's happening here!

The battery is lying on its side in the motorcycle.

4 hours ago, Yakko Warner said:

The battery is lying on its side in the motorcycle.

I think I just went through something similar to this. I recently replaced my stock battery with a new Yuasa YTZ10S. The way it came from the factory (position of the nuts/bolts), it would not fit as my 2016 FZ-07 had very specific cable lengths, and it just wouldn't work. I took it back to the dealership, and they flipped it on it's side and said I should use the other contacts and switch the nuts and bolts. I was positive it would not fit as it was a tight fit getting it out, and the battery was not rectangular in cross-section. Well, I was wrong, and the new battery is working fine.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FZ not MT said:

...it would not fit as my 2016 FZ-07 had very specific cable lengths...  ...it was a tight fit getting it out...

[In case this helps anyone...] I found removing the rubber tie down strap entirely (unhook both ends) made things much easier.  At first I only removed one end, and the battery was very difficult to access, and the cables were difficult to route.  Removing the strap made accessing the battery easy, and attaching the cables before reattaching the strap made cable routing easy.

I was similarly confused when I received a replacement battery.

After a bit of head-scratching I figured that the terminal orientation is fine when the battery lays on its side.

Example pic below of a Yuasa YTZ10S - when the writing on the side of the case faces up, the terminals are in the correct position.

image.png.c2df7bf796b9029ab5d695758c64b017.png 

• Like 1

firstyammerha

Hey guys. Thanks for the input. I don't see how the battery could be laid on its side. The battery box is a snug fit to the battery and dimensionally it couldn't work in my view. It's 6"tall and 3.437"wide. Can't see 6" fitting in a 3.437" space. Please send pictures of your installations.

It will fit.

This video shows the orientation of the original equipment Yuasa YTZ10S battery.

Edited by stickshift

firstyammerha

Good vid on how to jump start you bike but I was disappointed in that it didn't show the 6" tall battery being laid on its side and dropping into that 3" wide battery box. There must be some "black magic" that I'm not hip to.🤣

7 hours ago, firstyammerha said:

Good vid on how to jump start you bike but I was disappointed in that it didn't show the 6" tall battery being laid on its side and dropping into that 3" wide battery box. There must be some "black magic" that I'm not hip to.🤣

You didn't see that a Yuasa YTZ10S fits perfectly fine? 😉

firstyammerha

Yep, I saw where the battery fit in nicely but the terminal orientation on my replacement battery was not like my original or the one in the video.  Take a minute and log onto the GS Yuasa site and it will show diagrams with the terminal placement for their many batteries. Their diagram for the YTZ10S shows the positive and negative terminals reversed from the above battery and mine. My battery has the positive terminal forward and negative to the rear and close to the frame tube. I noticed Yamaha had moved the seat hold down bolts toward the center of the chassis which is way better than the location for mine. Mine are on the outside under the corners of the seat requiring pulling the seat up and holding it while you insert a torx socket in the head of the bolt. It's kind of a pain removing and reinstalling the seat.

Here's a pic of an actual YTZ10S from the Yuasa catalogue. The terminals are orientated as per Yuasa's product diagram.

Yuasa YTZ10s.png

Here is how the YTZ10S will fit the 07, when you roll it onto it's side. The terminals are now in the correct orientation.

YTZ10s.png

Edited by stickshift
  • Like 3

I was looking at off brand copies and found a Weize YTZ10S-BS for $27.  I took a look at the reviews, and one of them complained about the same thing... reversed terminals.  :)

• Like 1

firstyammerha

Still no pictures or vid of people putting this 6" tall battery on its side into the 3.xxx" wide box. I called another nearby Yamaha dealer regarding availability and price for the Yuasa battery and he was out of stock but had some being delivered in about a week so I'll check with him next week. He was good on the price at $84.00. The Motobatt is still my backup in case this other Yuasa is like the Batterymart unit. My original battery is showing 12.7 volts after charging and fires the bike off -just not as energetically as it used to. Another kudo to Batterymart, they refunded the return to my card three days after receiving it back. Looks like a good company to do business with.