The MT-07 Forum

Break line recommendation

Sheepdog-07

Looking to replace my OEM front and rear break lines on my 2018 MT07. The front breaks seem like they are getting a little squishy.  Looking for recommendation on what you have or have luck with. Wanting to go with stainless steel. Also look for suggestions on break pads and even master cylinder.

Thanks.

• Premium Member

What @FZ not MT said. I have that combo on my ABS bike without complaints.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

56 minutes ago, FZ not MT said:

EBC HH pads front and back

Speigler SS lines

That combo worked well on my bike

That's a good set up.  Just make sure to bleed your brakes often.

• Like 1

M. Hausknecht

If you want an inexpensive master cylinder upgrade, I suggest the R6 master cylinder (made by Brembo, FWIW). Adjustable reach and remote reservoir.

bartman5impson
5 hours ago, FZ not MT said:

EBC HH pads front and back

Speigler SS lines

That combo worked well on my bike

Exactly what I got 👍

IMG_1294.jpeg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

I also have the Spiegler braided stainless lines and EBC HH brake pads.  I am very happy with the setup. 

6 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

If you want an inexpensive master cylinder upgrade, I suggest the R6 master cylinder (made by Brembo, FWIW)

Just curious, what benefits do you get? Also, which R6, and are you talking about the front or rear master cylinder, or both?

Thanks

Spiegler is good stuff.  I have the Galfer kit that mimics OEM routing (ya the over the fender crossover.).  Done dual lines & / or splitters before but tired of hodge podging little clamps & zip ties.  Just wanted a kit that fits like OEM & it does.

M. Hausknecht
8 hours ago, FZ not MT said:

Just curious, what benefits do you get? Also, which R6, and are you talking about the front or rear master cylinder, or both?

Thanks

The R6 front master has a 16mm bore. More initial bite and less lever movement, but higher effort than stock. I prefer the "feel" compared to the stock MC when braking hard on the race track. I haven't determined all of the R6 years with the same front master cylinder but at least 2006-2010. I've read, but can't confirm (too lazy to compare part numbers) , that the same front MC has been used since '05. I don't use the rear brake much so I've retained the stock MC in the rear.

• Thanks 1

Just like all the others said.

EBC HH pads front and back

Speigler SS lines. The install is a pain in the arse. At least for me. I’m fairly competent for a at home mechanic but routing the lines and getting it perfect took 6 hours. 

Its an expensive endeavour but it’s also about safety. If you’re going to keep your FZ07 for a while it’s worthwhile. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
sweetscience

For those who bypassed the ABS module, anyone run the Spiegler alternating 2-line setup instead of over-the-fender?   I want to go this route in the future, but want to know what the cons are if any.   For sure it'll make bleeding easier/faster because it is the most direct route to the master for any air bubbles to escape.