The MT-07 Forum

New battery fitted now (EML) engine light on?

Taipan

Hi All

I just bought a 2019 MT-07. The bike had been standing a few months and the alarm had killed the battery so a new one was fitted prior to my collecting the bike. However, after fitting the new battery, the EML is on? There are no fault codes displayed when turning the igniton on. The light is permanently on and not flashing. Bike starts and runs perfectly?

I've ordered a 4 pin/obd2 adaptor lead, but for now, is there any way to get the bike to display the fault code that's causing it? Or, any ideas on why a new battery would throw up the EML?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Taipan said:

Hi All

I just bought a 2019 MT-07. The bike had been standing a few months and the alarm had killed the battery so a new one was fitted prior to my collecting the bike. However, after fitting the new battery, the EML is on? There are no fault codes displayed when turning the igniton on. The light is permanently on and not flashing. Bike starts and runs perfectly?

I've ordered a 4 pin/obd2 adaptor lead, but for now, is there any way to get the bike to display the fault code that's causing it? Or, any ideas on why a new battery would throw up the EML?

Thanks

Just curious after you fitted the battery. Have you ran it to see if it clears after sometime?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PMT-07 said:

Just curious after you fitted the battery. Have you ran it to see if it clears after sometime?

Yes, its been through 4 heat cycles now, but it hasn't cleared itself.

6 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Yes, its been through 4 heat cycles now, but it hasn't cleared itself.

I know you usually have to put some miles. If I’m not mistaken it’s usually 40-50 miles. 

1 minute ago, PMT-07 said:

I know you usually have to put some miles. If I’m not mistaken it’s usually 40-50 miles. 

I've probably done over 100 now in 4 different trips?

For the benefit of the archives, the EML being on was nothing to do with the new battery. I read the code and it was p2195 which is to do with the o2 sensor. Maybe it had an aftermarket exhaust on before? Maybe it had an o2 blanking kit on? The bike was sold as its owner died, so I'll probably never know, but the code is cleared and I'll just wait to see if it comes back on?

Edited by Taipan
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

"but the code is cleared and I'll just wait to see if it comes back on?"

Good solution in this case. Hang in there and enjoy the rides.... !