The MT-07 Forum

AIM Solo 2 DL

Randy

Help !!

I’m doing a new track build and am trying to figure out the AIM install. Can someone please give some insight on the Can 232 hookup please? I have already done the FTECU harness splice, Active Tune, and Translogic QS  but can’t for the life of me figure out this AIM…I’m wanting to run the SmartyCam so need all the ECU data. Thanks in advance…

• 2 months later...

Ok….for those of you who are wanting to run an AIM Solo 2 and capture the ECU data this is what I came up with…. On my bike I have a FTECU bike side harness for flashing the ECU. The FTECU harness has a male Delphi (6 pin) to which you connect to your laptop via a female Delphi to USB. I purchased a blank female Delphi and was able to make a connector going from AIM Solo 2 CAN/Serial harness  to this plug. The supplied AIM harness has 6 wires but you only need four of them…..red, black, CAN high and CAN low.  The plug on the FTECU harness will have 4 wires on it….red,orange.yellow black.  When making your new plug ,red will go to red, black to black, yellow to Can high and orange to CAN low.

Another option would be to add pins to the AIM CAN/Serial harness and go straight to the back of the ECU harness plug. This is a fairly straight forward process where you… 

1.unplug the ECU

2. take that plug and unlock it (white tab at the bottom)

3.remove the blank plastic pins from the 4 ports you need (use a dental pick or toothpick)

4.plug in pins from AIM harness and relock the ECU plug with the 2 white tabs on the top of plug (push both at same time)

I will try to post pictures of all this in the next week or two…..the WiFi on the ship I am working on sucks and I can’t upload the pics, sorry

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
WhiteJesusRides

Hey, can you by chance tell us which pins in the ECU harness we need? I'm going to try this with mine but I'm not going to be using FTEcu

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a bit late here but I'm sure this will save someone some time. I did some deep googling and found this document. Essentially, per this document you can buy this cable and everything should work. I cannot confirm as I have not purchased either but I will be in the very near future since I destroyed my dash at my last track day. I'm hoping to replace it with this unit entirely and get the benefit of it being a lap timer as well.

• Like 1