The MT-07 Forum

EVERYONE IN GROUP ON HIGH BEAMS

00RAH

if you're going for a ride or drive at night with others and theres no street lights EVERYONE IN THE GROUP SHOULD BE ON HIGH BEAMS. not just the leader. 

the worst target fixation imaginable can and will happen when youre following a tail light round the bends on low beam in pitch dark.

Feel free to dip your lights for oncoming traffic IF safe to do so. YOUR safety is 1st safety. 

**i got caught out again by this just last night,tell your mates, keep your mates safe**

hroXOZs.gif

Edited by 00RAH

• Premium Member

I'm not sure how blinding the oncoming traffic, and all the riders ahead of you,  by having everyone with high beams on  would be any safer than everyone using their normal low beams. 

• Like 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

It pisses me off when riders use high beam in traffic so they're more visible.

It blinds all oncoming traffic, and is just stupid.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stickshift said:

It pisses me off when riders use high beam in traffic so they're more visible.

It blinds all oncoming traffic, and is just stupid.

I do it in traffic but only when I’m lane splitting so I’m not blinding on coming. Yea I may be a nuisance for a second but at least they see me coming and it’s a lot better than having a chad in a big ass truck sitting on someones ass with his lights filling the car…

• Like 1

bartman5impson

Every time I see a rider with high beams on it's hard to judge their distance because all you see is a glowing orb coming down the other lane ☀️

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The objective is not to blind others but to safely navigate dark roads at night.

Imagine hitting a dead deer carcass at 60mph in the dark.

Also You can direct the angle of your headlights down to reduce the chance of blinding. Even on high beam!

Edited by 00RAH