The MT-07 Forum

Quickshifter on/off switch Dynojet?

garybergin288

garybergin288

So I have the Dynojet pcv so I bought the Quickshifter from Dynojet to stick with an easier setup I know you have to set minium rpm for the qs to cut fuel and ign so theoretically could I use a switch to interrupt the qs sensor wire to act as an on off switch so I can have the Quickshifter enabled or disabled with the push of a button it makes sense to me tell me if I'm wrong?

4-130_quick_shifter_dual_contact_sensor_01.jpg

A switch could be wired into the quckshifter wiring (either wire will do) to bypass its function.

But I agree with the post above - there's really no need to disable it ever. I have mine set to only work above 4000 rpm (because under that it could be clunky). Even over those revs I don't often use it on the street - you really need to riding wide open throttle to get the most out of it. On the track it's brilliant.

Mine shifts normally over 4000 revs if I choose to use the clutch as normal. This is exactly what it would be like if you disable the QS via a switch.

Edited by stickshift

garybergin288

I've never used a Quickshifter before and I agree as far as only using it when really getting on it so I guess your right in that as long as the rpms are set right it shouldn't matter was just looking for others opinion thanks guys