Sign in to follow this  
jb.junior

FZ-07 MotoAmerica Racebike [re] Build

jb.junior
5 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

@jb.juniorI keep wondering if that board name is a guitar reference or your name.   :)

High-Output-Single-Coil-Sized-Humbucker-

Our legendary JB Model in a single-coil sized humbucker pickup. The JB Jr. delivers all the upper midrange harmonics and power to...

I invented that and am living off the royalties.  That's what funds my racing budget.

• Like 1

jb.junior

Removed the swing arm and rear linkage and removed, cleaned and packed with grease, all of the needle bearings.  Also cleaned the swing arm and inside of frame.  Put a new OEM chain guard one, but it's useless, and I'm waiting on a plastic one from a friend.

Stock engine arrived!  Will put the swing arm back on and start the engine install on Wednesday.

IMG_4425.JPG

IMG_4426.JPG

IMG_4427.JPG

IMG_4428.JPG

IMG_4429.JPG

IMG_4430.JPG

IMG_4431.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4435.JPG

IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4438.JPG

fzar
On 1/23/2022 at 12:29 AM, jb.junior said:

IMG_4408.JPG

Where did you source these steering stops? I'm interested and curious. I remember Robem had them, but seems like it was discontinued. Nice work BTW.

jb.junior
4 hours ago, fzar said:

Where did you source these steering stops? I'm interested and curious. I remember Robem had them, but seems like it was discontinued. Nice work BTW.

We made them from scratch.  I actually had the rubber stoppers in a random box of parts that I got from the previous owner.  I think that he was going to install these but never did.  You can find them in most parts places.  I think they are about 1-1.5" long, and maybe .75-1" diameter.  Then some rivet nuts.  We just used aluminum spacers and machined them to contour to the frame.  Robem had instructions that were very helpful. 

Thanks, but it was all the work of Paul, at Motospace garage, in Houston.  

Edited by jb.junior

M. Hausknecht

Hey Jeff, have fun installing your motor. I just spent the last few days installing my "B" motor. So many things to connect... 😃 With your race motor being built, if I might ask, which cams will you be using?

jb.junior
4 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

Hey Jeff, have fun installing your motor. I just spent the last few days installing my "B" motor. So many things to connect... 😃 With your race motor being built, if I might ask, which cams will you be using?

Thanks.  I'm hoping there's nothing different / odd / unforeseen between this motor and the one that I pulled, from an installation perspective.

I'm not sure what cams!  It was already a "built" superbike engine, and is only being rebuilt.  The only thing new (other than consumables, like bearings, etc.), were the pistons, because they needed replacement.  I can ask what cams, butt I'm pretty sure they were some good ones (I know that isn't super technical, lol).  I need to check up on that anyway!  A friend of mine building an R7 engine just got his pistons, and I think they are the same brand that I'm waiting for, so maybe mine are on the way...

Edited by jb.junior