The MT-07 Forum

Howdy from the Burgh

rick

Had some time so decided to be polite and formally say hello. 

Been riding since 1970. I've owned some nice motorcycles (including 3 BMWS and an Aprilia) over those decades. The Fzed is definitely on that list. It's truly a hoot to ride. Picked it up in September and my Aprilia Futura has gotten a bit lonely since. Gonna be some ugly decisions to make about that 12 year old Aprilia come spring. 

I've done some mods already. Some you guys have seen  - Barkbuster Storms, OES axle spools for the front and back, a magnetic drain plug for the sump ( a must do imo)  and possibly 2 you guys have not seen, an LED voltmeter and a BMW style plug from Powerlet  on a custom bracket so I can plug in the Optimate and heated gear.  On my buy list is a better shock maybe sooner than later, an MRA double bubble in black, a radiator cover(those fins are just too much in harm's way),  and a SW Motech rack so I can haul my monster seat bag w/o scuffing the tail section. C'mon Twisted Throttle. I'm getting impatient. 

I'd be happy to post up some picts. I'm used to uploading picts directly from my computer to the Aprilia forum. Looks like that's not possible on this forum?

rick

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome rick! Glad to have you here. In order to post a pic on the forum you first need a host site, like photobucket or imgur.

Here's the how to: Click

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Sounds like you are close to my dads age he had some Kaw's back in the 70's now riding a Gold Wing. Glad to see a seasoned rider pick up an FZ -07 I think it says a lot about this machine

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Welcome rick! Glad to have you here. In order to post a pic on the forum you first need a host site, like photobucket or imgur. 
Here's the how to: Click
 Excellent. I'll have a look at home  thanks. 

Sounds like you are close to my dads age he had some Kaw's back in the 70's now riding a Gold Wing. Glad to see a seasoned rider pick up an FZ -07 I think it says a lot about this machine
Sadly, my buddies and I have been having that ugly conversation of this maybe being our last decade on 2 wheels.  
I love this little bike. Don't let anyone tell you it doesn't have enough power. The rear shock ain't great, but it's not horrible, imo. And that's easily remedied. With my weight, I have no issues with the front, so far. Yeah, it's not gonna pull a passenger's weight very well and unless yer into triple digit speeds, well. But 90% of the roads I ride on are 2 lanes - some barely goat trails, lol. I'm also getting well over 60 mpg with 87 octane fuel. Makes me a bit giddy after filling that little tank. I have an easy 200 mile range w/o even trying. 

It also's just so liberating to not have to worry about dropping a heavy bike out in the boonies when yer by yerself. . I've started exploring roads that I've seen for decades and wondered, hmm, where does that go. At 5'5", I do some serious tip-toing on that top-heavy Futura. There's a limit as to where I'll take it. 

I also do all my own work - that includes mounting/balancing tires. So hope I can contribute as well as do some learning. Yer never too old for a new trick or 2.  The fun, well, that'll come naturally. Now, if only winter was over!  

rick

I dunno. The darker the color, the more wavelengths that get absorbed. All those photons would make the grey ones the heaviest and the red next heavy, lol

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
I dunno. The darker the color, the more wavelengths that get absorbed. All those photons would make the grey ones the heaviest and the red next heavy, lol
Ever hear of the doppler effect, specifically redshift?  
Us reds are so fast we even move when parked!

Edit: Credit for this pic goes to member @lucky7. you can find it in thread riding game

Illegitimi non carborundum

Great pict!

Hmm, ya know, Doppler doesn't apply after you've reached the speed of light.

Ever hear of white lightning?

eh, maybe I've been imbibing too much of that over the years, lol

All kidding aside. One thing i noticed real early was how accurate the FZ's speedo is. It's maybe 2mph high at highway speeds.Took my by surprise a bit cause with no reference points visible thru a helmet's eye port in the "flying w/o wings" riding position, this bike is always going well faster than it feels.

My Aprilia, even at triple digit speeds the speedo is only 1 mph optimistic by GPS.

Gotta lovemodern day electronics.

Archived