The MT-07 Forum

Rear Vent

Taco

Does anyone know where I can get one of these but in an white translucent option? Trying to get one that looks like frosted glass for my 2016.

14194AC6-2221-4892-9021-563467008A02.jpeg

Edited by Taco

17 hours ago, Taco said:

Does anyone know where I can get one of these but in an opaque option?

The one in your photo is opaque. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, stickshift said:

I haven’t ever come across any.

This guy makes his own mesh inserts, I reckon you could use thin acrylic for the look you want:

Thanks ! I was curious if anyone made these. I didn't want to make one if I didn't have to.

5 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

The one in your photo is opaque. 

What I meant was a white translucent. But I could not figure out the word, Ill fix it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taco said:

What I meant was a white translucent. But I could not figure out the word, Ill fix it.

It's hard for me to keep straight. I have to think it through every time. 

Translucent 

Trans= movement

Lucent= lumens

Light moves through. 

I prefer "see-through" and "solid". 👍

2 hours ago, Taco said:

Thanks ! I was curious if anyone made these. I didn't want to make one if I didn't have to.

Yamaha released mesh inserts (for front and rear) in various colours as original accessories for the first gen model. I have their silver mesh in the front 'intakes'. In hindsight I would have preferred to make my own for less cost.

There's still some old stock being sold on ebay:

s-l400.jpg

All pictures are for illustration purposes ONLY. Available in silver (unpainted stainless steel), Black, Blue, White and Red. This set is...

Edited by stickshift

nozeitgeist1800
On 12/18/2021 at 7:33 PM, stickshift said:

Yamaha released mesh inserts (for front and rear) in various colours as original accessories for the first gen model. I have their silver mesh in the front 'intakes'. In hindsight I would have preferred to make my own for less cost.

There's still some old stock being sold on ebay:

s-l400.jpg

All pictures are for illustration purposes ONLY. Available in silver (unpainted stainless steel), Black, Blue, White and Red. This set is...

do you know if the gen 1 inserts fit the gen 2? i desperately want to swap out the mesh on mine for red lol

22 hours ago, nozeitgeist1800 said:

do you know if the gen 1 inserts fit the gen 2? i desperately want to swap out the mesh on mine for red lol

Do you mean the front scoop mesh? I believe the gen 1 & 2 are different.

It would be just as easy to spray the existing mesh a different colour, or buy a different texture of mesh and spray it.

nozeitgeist1800
2 hours ago, stickshift said:

Do you mean the front scoop mesh? I believe the gen 1 & 2 are different.

It would be just as easy to spray the existing mesh a different colour, or buy a different texture of mesh and spray it.

ah, beans. i thought that was the case, just hoping. im planning on spraying it a different color, i just dont have much faith in spray painted anything, especially if im the one doing the painting

1 hour ago, nozeitgeist1800 said:

ah, beans. i thought that was the case, just hoping. im planning on spraying it a different color, i just dont have much faith in spray painted anything, especially if im the one doing the painting

Hang it up somewhere with a wire or string, multiple light coats of spray paint, let the coats dry in between sprays. Spray primer first might get the paint to adhere better. Easy!

Edited by stickshift

• 4 weeks later...
firstyammerha

I think he's talking about the scoop itself and not the mesh. Maybe they could be made with one of those 3D printer thingies. The local library offers a service to do custom stuff from one of those. Only thing is you have to provide a drawing on a memory stick using 3D printing software. Over my head by a lot but neat stuff.