The MT-07 Forum

Front turn signals on all the time?

bockscar

Hey guys, for some background I have a 2016 FZ-07 that hasn't run in years that I got from a buddy that I am trying to get going again. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the history of this bike and what has been messed with/changed. Appears to be all stock, but not sure what has been broken or replaced.

Right now, with the bike keyed to on, or running, the front turn signals are on continuously on. The turns signals and hazards all work correctly. For the front turn signals when a turn is indicated they go from on to even brighter for the flash. The rear turn signals cycle on/off as you would  normal expect. 

Looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like the front turn signals have 3 wires going to them, power for the on/off flash, ground and a 3rd wire. The rear turn signals just have the first two wires. Its this 3rd wire that is causing them to be on all the time. 

It is unclear to me where this 3rd wire to the front turn signals goes, and why the rears don't have it. 

• Can I just disconnect this 3rd wire?
  • What is the purpose, I can't imagine that on an FZ-07 the front turn signals are intentionally lit all the time?

I think you are referring to the blinkers acting as daytime running lights to make you more visible.  It's a feature, not a bug.

Edited by Yakko Warner
driving -> running
  • Like 2

Oh ok, cool that seems so odd. never heard of a motorcycle doing that before...cool nothing is broken. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Rudeboycycle

Can I get a jpg of the wiring diagram? For a site on this bike specifically there doesn’t seem to be a readable copy anywhere. Also I’m doing just this right now what colors are what in the three wire combo 

FWIW they probably are all three wired into a single plug, not separate wires/connectors.  They were on my XSR and I would guess the FZ and MT would be too.

Yakko Warner

From my notes: blue is running light, yellow is turn signal, and black is ground.  It'd be best to confirm this before making permanent connections.