The MT-07 Forum

2019 conver 2021 300mm disc

Shyan

Even though a bit pricy I'm betting that 320 rotor adapter and the rotors might be lower cost than trying to do the new big rotor parts from Yamaha... plus the rotors would be 320mm instead of 299mm.  More for your money.

Just now, klx678 said:

... plus the rotors would be 320mm instead of 299mm.  More for your money.

Adapt one of the Buell rotors that attaches to the rim.  You'd really get more that way.

buell_rotor.jpg

• Haha 1

M. Hausknecht

Now y'all are just being silly. Bigger discs, more weight and farther from the axle; none of that is good or necessary. You want great brakes? Try an R6 master cylinder (made by Brembo), braided lines, and pads with characteristics you want (initial strong bite versus linear friction). You'll be able to do two-finger stoppies and never experience fade. Honest.😃

• Like 2

Just now, M. Hausknecht said:

Now y'all are just being silly.

You're right... I was funnin' you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

Now y'all are just being silly. Bigger discs, more weight and farther from the axle; none of that is good or necessary. You want great brakes? Try an R6 master cylinder (made by Brembo), braided lines, and pads with characteristics you want (initial strong bite versus linear friction). You'll be able to do two-finger stoppies and never experience fade. Honest.😃

I did some good brake setup on my 16 MT07... Galfer double H brake pad, Galfer brake hose (2 line straight from Master Cylinder) and fresh brake oil and able to do two-finger stop with no fade :)

3 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

Now y'all are just being silly. Bigger discs, more weight and farther from the axle; none of that is good or necessary

Listen to this man! 

10 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

I'd say the fact is the OEM brakes from the first FZ on probably are strong enough as is for anyone other than a track day rider, racer, or fool.  Face it, if you need more brakes on the street you're far too trusting of the conditions of riding the street. 

My comment was purely from a financial and performance standpoint.  But maybe a double Buell set up, with the radial master cylinder...  😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, klx678 said:

Face it, if you need more brakes on the street you're far too trusting of the conditions of riding the street. 

The stock front brake on any model is capable of easily locking the front wheel. 

35 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

The stock front brake on any model is capable of easily locking the front wheel. 

Not on my bike... ABS.  😄

Isn't the stock master cylinder on the MT-07 Brembo? It has the Brembo logo on top, at least my 2019 does...or am I misreading it?

M. Hausknecht

Does it have a remote reservoir? My R6 master cylinder has a remote reservoir. Sorry, I don't have a stock one to compare it to.

2 hours ago, seven said:

Isn't the stock master cylinder on the MT-07 Brembo? It has the Brembo logo on top, at least my 2019 does...or am I misreading it?

My 2020 has a Brembo logo on it.

It is Brembo.  Brembo also makes lower line common production bike stuff too.   My 1975 Moto Guzzi 850-T had Brembo brakes.   That proved to me design of brakes is more important than the name on them.   There was a definite mismatch between caliper and master cylinder on that bike.   Wooden brake, short lever pull.  I think it had the master cylinder with a piston size for a twin caliper set up.   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, seven said:

Yes.. Front Master Cylinder and Rear master Cylinder are supply by Brembo

On 11/24/2021 at 7:55 AM, Triple Jim said:

My 2016 will definitely lock the front wheel since I added the EBC HH pads and the Spiegler SS lines 😁