The MT-07 Forum

New bike = New tool

union

Maybe I'm not searching right or maybe it is not even out there for purchase.

This is my first bike with abs.  I am not sure if I'll keep it on or just toss it all out but in the mean time I'm looking for the scanner to activate the abs pump.  Any leads would be appreciated.

If your riding is on public roads, I think you'll appreciate ABS.   I sure do.

I'd like a way to activate the pump too, but I also have a gravel road nearby and  that works for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple Jim said:

If your riding is on public roads, I think you'll appreciate ABS.   I sure do.

I'd like a way to activate the pump too, but I also have a gravel road nearby and  that works for now.

The abs in general doesn't bother me.  What does bother me is the lack of feel at the lever.  Changing out components will still leave me needing to do some bleeding and activation of the module.  No gravel roads handy.

Even without a gravel road you should be able to find a nice flat piece of road, free of traffic where you can practice emergency stops. I guess if you do an emergency stop 100% perfect you wouldn't activate the ABS or not until the very end but if the goal is to engage ABS just be a little less smooth with applying the brake pressure. Obviously do this at your own risk, I am just describing what I did after I replace my lines and pads to cycle the pump a few times...and I am a new rider so I know nothing.

4 hours ago, seven said:

Even without a gravel road you should be able to find a nice flat piece of road, free of traffic where you can practice emergency stops.

It would be a pretty "exciting" thing to lock the front wheel a few times on pavement to bleed that half of the system.  I'd prefer to do the front on gravel or grass, at low speed, with my legs ready to steady the bike.

Edited by Triple Jim

• Premium Member

I don't know what the procedure is to remove the ABS system completely. I do understand that it is pretty involved, but can be done. I would pose your same question in the "track talk" section, as most racers remove the ABS. I have non-ABS FZ-07, and only added braided lines. The feel is MUCH better!!! My FZ-07 is set-up for track riding in the advanced/fast group. I have never run out of brakes on track (even with stock pads). I do however, change the brake fluid every year....  Good luck-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"