Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kasichol

What should I do when I have to race on track with MT-09/10

Recommended Posts

Kasichol

     Hello every 07 guys. My name's Boom from Thailand. In Thailand have a race call "Yamaha championship". I have join in "MT 680 up" A  class. I have to race with MT-09 and MT-10. 
    My question is. How can i upgrade my bike (MT-07 sky color in pics). i need my bike fast as same as MT-09 stock. I so confidence if it is possible. I can win all of them

At Chang International Circuit my best lab time is 1:56.874 with top speed only 204.8 km/h and I got 7th

For 1st (MT-10) best lab time 1:50.350 with top speed 245.2 km/h

If my bike able to get top speed around 230 km/h it should be pretty good. 

Can someone help me,

Please😁

82D27436-09EB-4A1F-A428-153B5C34F9BA.jpeg

BB892B68-9440-4ECE-A04F-36C9FC3372BA.jpeg

F37E0183-E7EF-4597-80BE-3A59DE162527.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasichol

Don't suggest me to get MT-09.

I love my bike😘

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937

I do not think you will get up to MT-09 performance as they have so much more power.  A fairing kit would help with top speed as it would improve the aerodynamics.  If your could modify the 689 cc engine to match the MT-09 (maybe a turbo kit) you would end up spending a lot of money and sacrificing reliability and probably ridability . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasichol
30 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I do not think you will get up to MT-09 performance as they have so much more power.  A fairing kit would help with top speed as it would improve the aerodynamics.  If your could modify the 689 cc engine to match the MT-09 (maybe a turbo kit) you would end up spending a lot of money and sacrificing reliability and probably ridability . 

How about I change the piston up to 7xx cc and adjust the input system something like a nozzle or throttle. Can I get about 90+ hp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasichol
37 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I do not think you will get up to MT-09 performance as they have so much more power.  A fairing kit would help with top speed as it would improve the aerodynamics.  If your could modify the 689 cc engine to match the MT-09 (maybe a turbo kit) you would end up spending a lot of money and sacrificing reliability and probably ridability . 

A fairing kit is not allow in this tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mad

I would say pistons/rods and turbo  but the problems are the rules and cost, with everything allowed I would go with the easiest and dirtiest ways.. I run methanol on my time attack 595 Abarth but if allowed in my category I would have been blatantly running nitrous .... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M. Hausknecht

It is possible to get nearly 90ph very reliably and mid-90s less reliably (or rather, with more frequent rebuilds) on decent race fuel. More importantly, how optimized is your suspension/tire system?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stickshift

What intake setup are you running? The Hordpower intake gives a good peak horsepower gain as well as shifting the power curve up. The stock air box is really detrimental to track performance.

Easy way to improve top speed if that’s your concern.

Edited by stickshift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weeksy

The Mt 09 is night and day quicker. Then adding in things like slipper clutch etc means you're very much not on an even footing.

Sell bike, buy mt09.

No one else cares you're on an 07, the only thing they care about is your finish position. Even then, they only care you beat them.

Unless you're 13 years old, you won't be called by Red Bull, it's just you and your memories 20 years down the line telling your kids "I could have been a contender if my bike was quicker" they're sitting thinking "why didn't you just get a quicker bike dad"

Sorry to be blunt. But when racing, have a competitive bike. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasichol
6 hours ago, Mad said:

I would say pistons/rods and turbo  but the problems are the rules and cost, with everything allowed I would go with the easiest and dirtiest ways.. I run methanol on my time attack 595 Abarth but if allowed in my category I would have been blatantly running nitrous .... 

 

I think i will try pistol and rod thank you. Did you have a suggest pistol and rod brand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasichol
6 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

It is possible to get nearly 90ph very reliably and mid-90s less reliably (or rather, with more frequent rebuilds) on decent race fuel. More importantly, how optimized is your suspension/tire system?

I think for suspension is pretty good. I finding the way to get more power do you have any suggestion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasichol
4 hours ago, stickshift said:

What intake setup are you running? The Hordpower intake gives a good peak horsepower gain as well as shifting the power curve up. The stock air box is really detrimental to track performance.

Easy way to improve top speed if that’s your concern.

I use DNA air box but i think have to modify the intake. Do you have the example of modifying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasichol
1 hour ago, Weeksy said:

The Mt 09 is night and day quicker. Then adding in things like slipper clutch etc means you're very much not on an even footing.

Sell bike, buy mt09.

No one else cares you're on an 07, the only thing they care about is your finish position. Even then, they only care you beat them.

Unless you're 13 years old, you won't be called by Red Bull, it's just you and your memories 20 years down the line telling your kids "I could have been a contender if my bike was quicker" they're sitting thinking "why didn't you just get a quicker bike dad"

Sorry to be blunt. But when racing, have a competitive bike. 

Thank you you are change my mind May I know you more do you have any social like a facebook or IG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M. Hausknecht
6 hours ago, Kasichol said:

I think for suspension is pretty good. I finding the way to get more power do you have any suggestion?

From personal experience I've learned that to race competitively against typically heavier motorcycles with more horsepower and torque, you'll need to get through the corners quicker than they do. Your quicker corner exit speed will help to offset your relative lack of acceleration and lower top speed. In contemporary MotoGP terms, think Yamaha versus Ducati.  This is why I mentioned suspension and tires. The stock suspension on an 07 is fine on the street but the geometry is far from ideal for racing, and the forks and shock need to be altered or replaced outright to give you more damping and adjustability. There are many postings here with extensive discussions about the options for optimizing the suspension. Then you'll also want to us the highest grip tires allowed by the rules, and to make the bike as light as possible (my 07 weighs about 330 pounds with full bodywork and a gallon of fuel). 

An 07 motor can be built to get the bike to 230kph (143mph), but its going to need a  long straight to get there. And it is going to be expensive to build and operate (race gas, frequent rebuilds). Engine-wise: high compression pistons (12.5 or 13:1); connecting rods (Carrillo); high lift, longer duration camshafts; heavy duty valve springs; ported head; bored throttlebodies; at least a Hordpower intake or better, a sealed airbox with ducting from front of motorcycle; lightened flywheel and sprag; undercut and shimmed transmission gears; slipper clutch, a fully-tunable ECU with quick-shift, and a quality exhaust system. To have a motor built like this in the U.S., I'd budget $8000 to $10,0000 if I couldn't do the build myself. Check out these websites for parts and other info:  

cee280_088ed9fbff1247ddb30a67927e25d393~

Custom Engineered Road Race solutions for lightweight twins racing. Winning results in both MotoAmerica and Club Level racing...

 https://www.twfracing.com/ ;


HPR - Hordpower : - Hawk SV 650 RC-51 Penske Shocks Triumph 675 Daytona Batteries Yamaha FZ-09/07 honda, suzuki, hawk, sv...

;

imageproxy.php?img=&key=8c315489159bce4f

Spears Enterprises & Spears Racing

 

And even with all this, you're going to have to ride  better than your competition with more power to beat them. It just might be easier, cheaper and more fun to just get a bigger HP bike. Good luck!

Edited by M. Hausknecht
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasichol
On 11/13/2021 at 9:28 PM, M. Hausknecht said:

From personal experience I've learned that to race competitively against typically heavier motorcycles with more horsepower and torque, you'll need to get through the corners quicker than they do. Your quicker corner exit speed will help to offset your relative lack of acceleration and lower top speed. In contemporary MotoGP terms, think Yamaha versus Ducati.  This is why I mentioned suspension and tires. The stock suspension on an 07 is fine on the street but the geometry is far from ideal for racing, and the forks and shock need to be altered or replaced outright to give you more damping and adjustability. There are many postings here with extensive discussions about the options for optimizing the suspension. Then you'll also want to us the highest grip tires allowed by the rules, and to make the bike as light as possible (my 07 weighs about 330 pounds with full bodywork and a gallon of fuel). 

An 07 motor can be built to get the bike to 230kph (143mph), but its going to need a  long straight to get there. And it is going to be expensive to build and operate (race gas, frequent rebuilds). Engine-wise: high compression pistons (12.5 or 13:1); connecting rods (Carrillo); high lift, longer duration camshafts; heavy duty valve springs; ported head; bored throttlebodies; at least a Hordpower intake or better, a sealed airbox with ducting from front of motorcycle; lightened flywheel and sprag; undercut and shimmed transmission gears; slipper clutch, a fully-tunable ECU with quick-shift, and a quality exhaust system. To have a motor built like this in the U.S., I'd budget $8000 to $10,0000 if I couldn't do the build myself. Check out these websites for parts and other info:  

cee280_088ed9fbff1247ddb30a67927e25d393~

Custom Engineered Road Race solutions for lightweight twins racing. Winning results in both MotoAmerica and Club Level racing...

 https://www.twfracing.com/ ;


HPR - Hordpower : - Hawk SV 650 RC-51 Penske Shocks Triumph 675 Daytona Batteries Yamaha FZ-09/07 honda, suzuki, hawk, sv...

;

imageproxy.php?img=&key=8c315489159bce4f

Spears Enterprises & Spears Racing

 

And even with all this, you're going to have to ride  better than your competition with more power to beat them. It just might be easier, cheaper and more fun to just get a bigger HP bike. Good luck!

Thank you for many many information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.