The MT-07 Forum

took her through the twisties today

may2nd

did a bit of riding this evening and had an awesome time throwing the fz07 through some nice cury roads. sooooo much fun. :D 8-)

How did the suspension hold up? I was thinking a first mod might be springs and race tech gold valve emulators and a gsxr rear.

funny you mention that because there were a few stretches of pavement that were bumpy and pot holed and i was extremely impressed. traction was very nice. im not an extremely aggressive rider because my skill set isnt there right now and im still getting to know this moto but the further i got into my ride tonight the more confident i felt with the suspention. i read the thread about adjusting sag to wieght ratio and i weigh 200 pounds. as of now i feel zero need for any adjustment.

The FZ-07 is a lot of fun in the twisties. It's very much like the SV650S. Because of the soft suspension, bumpy roads are not fun at all. My trackdays are over, but 1'm convinced that the FZ-07 would be lot of fun. The breaks are ok. I would like a more agressive initial bite.

A couple of years ago, i owned a SV650S and a FZ-6 at the same time. My conclusion: Take the FZ-6, replace the 100 hp 4 cylinders by the V2 of the Sv. Let the ergos, suspension and brakes of the FZ as is.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Archived