Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Solved: Passenger foot pegs swap

Recommended Posts

Julian

Hi, I have a pair of black CNC passenger foot pegs to be installed. If I am not mistaken, they are held in place by split pins and I have a few questions:

How do I remove the existing ones? Will pliers work? 

Can they be reused or do I need new ones? Where can I buy split pins and are they a certain type or dimension? Best way to bend them - pliers again? 

Thanks.

Edit:  Done, it was pretty easy and I'm happy with the results. 

20211030_143011.jpg

20211030_144517.jpg

Edited by Julian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
firstyammerha

I'd get rid of mine but then I wouldn't have any grab point to heave the bike up on the center stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Julian
18 hours ago, firstyammerha said:

I'd get rid of mine but then I wouldn't have any grab point to heave the bike up on the center stand.

Girls always want a ride on my bike, keeping them for sure! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R22_PSC
On 10/29/2021 at 11:30 AM, Julian said:

Hi, I have a pair of black CNC passenger foot pegs to be installed. If I am not mistaken, they are held in place by split pins and I have a few questions:

How do I remove the existing ones? Will pliers work? 

Can they be reused or do I need new ones? Where can I buy split pins and are they a certain type or dimension? Best way to bend them - pliers again? 

Thanks.

Edit:  Done, it was pretty easy and I'm happy with the results. 

20211030_143011.jpg

20211030_144517.jpg

When you say this was pretty easy… 

could a complete amateur get this right? id like to change the front and rear foot pegs to some smart all black ones. But I’m nervous that I’ll get it wrong and a foot peg will snap off mid ride! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937
22 minutes ago, R22_PSC said:

When you say this was pretty easy… 

could a complete amateur get this right? id like to change the front and rear foot pegs to some smart all black ones. But I’m nervous that I’ll get it wrong and a foot peg will snap off mid ride! 

When I swapped my rear foot pegs the hardest part was finding the ball bearing that fell out.  There is a spring and a ball bearing that holds the peg in place when it is fully up or down.  Be ready for it to try and escape when you take the foot peg off.  The forward one was very straightforward.  You will be able to do it with no problem.  I do not know how you would do it wrong but I suspect it would be very obvious if you did.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
firstyammerha

do women really like riding around with their feet on these pegs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjh937
Just now, firstyammerha said:

do women really like riding around with their feet on these pegs? 

I often put my feet of the passenger pegs when I am riding to give me a different leg position.  I do not intend to remove mine even though I never take passengers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
firstyammerha

I used  to put my feet back on the passenger pegs too when on long trips but these FZ07  pegs aren't in a good location.  Might be good loosening up for a trip to the ob/gyn😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Julian
15 hours ago, firstyammerha said:

do women really like riding around with their feet on these pegs? 

What's the alternative? 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
firstyammerha

Right Julian. Maybe she could throw her legs over your thighs-hubbahubba🥵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.