The MT-07 Forum

Replace the rear brake reservoir rather than relocate

armourbl

This is not my idea, just passing it along. My friend did this on his GSXR600 with good success. If you want to remove the rear passenger peg hangers, you'll need to relocate the rear brake reservoir. Instead, why not just replace it all together with this.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/index.php?cPath=369_394_400

Basically you are making the reservoir a long tube rather than a container. It will likely not have the same capacity, so you'll need to keep an eye on the level as the rear brake pads wear and the piston consumes more fluid. But if you are like many, you don't use the rear brake very aggressively and will only need to check the fluid level periodically, maybe at oil change intervals.

ben

Using a sheet metal bracket was free and I was able to perform the mod on the spot with simple hand tools I've owned for years.

Yes but this can be done for less than $10 if you buy only yhe necessary parts. Not everyone will spend time fabbing or have the tools to do so.

Ben

rubberbandman72

I like this idea. I spent some time last weekend relocating mine with a bracket that I made from some scrap sheet metal and some fuel line. It worked out fine but I like the tube idea as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to try the tube thing, but for now just used some scrap aluminum to make a bracket. Simple, but effective. Had to get creative with the hardware I had on hand.

uc?export=view&id=0B2DCeFVNPpHNMWlNbVFicmVpUGc&authuser=0

• 1 month later...

I wonder if the KTM rear m/c with integrated reservoir off their dirt bikes has the same spacing, the only issue with those is limited capacity.

Archived