The MT-07 Forum

How to switch from km/h to miles?

asilva

I have a 2020 MT07 and I moved to another country. I need to change my speedo to miles.

The user manual speaks about holding the left button during three seconds on odo menu to swich to miles. However, somehow, it doesn't work .

I wonder, some knows how to do it?

I might be possible.

Does it has a kind of config mode? like should I enabled this mode first?

Thanks for your help Guys.

I just checked my 2020's owner's manual and it says the same thing...  hold the left button for three seconds.

ya..it says.

I just tried now, over and over but doesn't work.

It's weird. must work.

Is there some config mode that I need to enable?

Mine's a 2020 and I just did it.  All I did was turn on the ignition switch and wait until everything booted, then get the main odometer on the screen so I could tell if it changed, then I held the left button down for 3 seconds and my miles changed to KM.  I repeated and it went back to miles.

If that doesn't work I'd probably stop by a dealer and ask someone what's going on.

Are you in Canada, I know my 2015 cannot show anything but Km's, Yamaha forced it not to be able to change to MPH. Ever.  Heard they did this since they were initially cheaper to buy in Canada then the US (after exchange rates) and they didn't want to cause any US cross boarder sales (if it can't do MPH then it can't easily be registered in US) It was indeed cheaper to buy in Canada when I got it, no idea why since usually everything is more expensive in Canada.

• Like 1