The MT-07 Forum

ABS Bleed

2019_MT07_Owner

2019_MT07_Owner

I've been looking to change the brake fluid in my 2019 MT07 and have read on the forums about needing the Yamaha diagnostic tool to be able to bleed the ABS pump unit... but I also found this:

The shows how to trick the bike into cycling the ABS unit to flush out the old brake fluid. I know its for an FJR1300 but the connection for the diagnostic tool looks very similar to the MT07 4-pin connection and I also found this on a different forum:

https://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?threads/how-to-cycle-the-abs-pump.22743/

This makes it sound like the same (or very similar) process for a very similar bike to the MT07.

Has anyone here tried this? Do you think this would work?... or am I going to start blowing fuses if I add a jumper cable to the diagnostic port?

Thanks.

Interesting.  I'll be very interested in hearing how this works, if anyone here tries it, especially on a 2020. 

I play the pessimist:

4 of 10 will kill the power supply of the ecu and start the "search the fuse" game in panic mode
4 of 10 will have the ABS error led lit in the dash permanently
2 of 10 can't find the diagnostic tool coupler

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ElGonzales said:

I play the pessimist:

4 of 10 will kill the power supply of the ecu and start the "search the fuse" game in panic mode
4 of 10 will have the ABS error led lit in the dash permanently
2 of 10 can't find the diagnostic tool coupler

:D

Yeah, I might try it with a 5k resistor first.  I don't like the idea of just shorting pins on a serial port.

• Premium Member

This is an old video and whether this process would work on our FZ/MTs was discussed on this forum back then. It was determined that it wouldn't work unfortunately.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.