The MT-07 Forum

New Retro Sport from Kawasaki

bornagainbiker

The Kaw actually looks mostly retro, as opposed to the Kimura designed evolution of the XS650...   seems the only remaining part that didn't evolve very much was the lollipop tail light - just as obnoxious as the big round one on the stamped steel bracket on the XS650.   I cut the lump off the fender, filled it with a scrap of ABS from a Honda bumper cut out and mounted up a retro looking Lucas style brow LED tail light, like all the 60s British bike owners mounted on their bikes.   That and about a dozen other changes I wanted.   Still working on it to finish out a street tracker homage to the current DT700.  Wish it looked more like the DT, but still a hell of a lot of fun to ride and I still look back at it when I get off and like what I see.

That 650 could use a longer tail to look better and either a single muffler on each side or a dual set out the right ala Triumph Hurricane.  Now that would look really cool!  

I just wonder if that engine is as entertaining as the MT=07/XSR 700 is.  I hope so, but I still have no regrets with my choice.

• Like 2