The MT-07 Forum

Any buyers in FL? What was your price?

wantfz07now

Well, I started this topic and to answer my own question I will share that I bought a red FZ-07 for $7,500.... it took me some time and research and trips to the dealer, but finally I got a price I felt comfortable with.

I know this is an older post but who'd you end up buying the bike from?

I'm in West Palm too...

I got screwed on my deal. Damn I'm jealous of you guys. I bought mine from Beach Blvd. Motorsports. Can't down talk their service and parts department though. I guess their sales sucks.

Near Orlando they quote me over $9300 for the 07 and over $9800 for the 09... I said,Keep it !

In my opinion, Very close to a $10200 Street Triple ABS with more power and better suspension...

But I understand the power of OFFER and DEMAND specially with the low stock on both models...

Call Stuart motorsports and see what they can do for you.

Its worth a drive to save two thousand dollars.

• 1 month later...
wantfz07now
Well, I started this topic and to answer my own question I will share that I bought a red FZ-07 for $7,500.... it took me some time and research and trips to the dealer, but finally I got a price I felt comfortable with.
I know this is an older post but who'd you end up buying the bike from? 
I'm in West Palm too...

wantfz07now

Aiian,

It's been a while since I last checked the website. I don't know if you already got the bike. I ended up getting the bike from Greater Yamaha. They had quoted me $8,470 in December, but after a couple of visits I offered them $7,500 and they took it.... Love the bike.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, going to Riva tomorrow to look at there last '15 in stock. The sales manager said they would be "extremely eager to sell" it. What kind of price should I be looking for since the 2016's are rolling out? Thanks.

I went into my dealership (Barney's of Brandon) with these thoughts: that bikes aren't marked up like cars are so I wasn't going try and talk them down on their price, that I don't want to haggle over extra small charges like delivery/set-up so I just paid what they were asking. I know I paid too much but at the time all I cared about was having the bike that day and not a migraine. I figure ten years from now I'm not going to miss those few hundred bucks I could've saved. Price of the bike plus all the other crap, tax/title/registration, tags, assembly, blessed by priest, I spent just over $8k.

Beemer

• Premium Member

My OTD price from Cycle Springs was just something like $8,050. They came down from their original offer of ~$8,400. Purchase was in early August.

Well I just returned from Riva. I went in to look at their last 2015 in stock (red). Originally they told me they had no incentives on it and the OTD price would be $8,250. I got up and "left" ( I walked to the gear section just to look around) and the sales guy came chasing me down and asked what I wanted to pay, I told him take $1,000 off. He went back to his boss and they came back at me with $7,600. I felt comfortable with that price. Just have to get a few administrative things taken care of and hopefully I will be picking it up Tuesday!

Their pricing is nuts and why people give in, is beyond me.

A few hundred dollars now is a few thousand tomorrow if you have any concept or interest in investing.

I guess frugality isnt everyone's forte?

Soflo, im glad you played hardball and got them to come down to an acceptable price for you.  Enjoy the bike!  I hope to see you around!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

I would not say it is a bad price, but many (not me) have done better. I would say with winter coming you might get better pricing, but in Florida that probably will not work as well as it does here.

• 1 month later...

Just about to pick one up in key west, probably would be smarter to head up your guys way or more north to get some gear discounted at the same time, but I want to support the shop, it's been here forever. Very key west, has chickens running around (pooping on the bikes, too). I'm picking mine up tuesday, haven't even settled on the price. They want 7299 plus 125 reg. I won't be paying sales tax since I'm registering it in Alaska (I work up there for about 6 months of the year) and my bank up there will send a plate.
I don't mind paying the 200 above msrp, especially since they're uncrating a bike for me instead of the ones on the floor, but I think I'll ask them to nix the reg costs (all they're doing is faxing and writing a temp tag after all) and ask for a discount on the first service...

Archived