The MT-07 Forum

Any buyers in FL? What was your price?

wantfz07now

Hello, everyone. I just joined the forum. I believe I have made up my mind about getting the fz 07. It will replace my KLX250SF... I'm in West Palm Beach and started looking at online prices, but I wanted to get a feeling as to what others actually paid (out the door), so I have an idea of the total cost and can negotiate when I venture into the dealer.
Thanks a lot!

I don't own an FZ yet but I have been doing lots of looking. Alot of dealers advertise on craigslist for 6995 but I would say its safe to assume that doesnt include tax,tags,title,assembly, dealers fees. Just by reading everyone elses purchase prices I think if you can get it anywhere from 7400-7800 your getting a pretty good deal.

I live in Florida BTW.

Bought mine at Riva in Pompano, not a good deal, paid $8,150 OTD. I'd consider a good deal in FL msrp plus tax tag title, don't pay freight or other bs fees like I did. People seemed to get that at Cahill's in Tampa on the FZ09's. They didn't have any in stock or I would have made the drive, I wanted it on a short time frame.

Bought mine at Riva in Pompano, not a good deal, paid $8,150 OTD. I'd consider a good deal in FL msrp plus tax tag title, don't pay freight or other bs fees like I did. People seemed to get that at Cahill's in Tampa on the FZ09's. They didn't have any in stock or I would have made the drive, I wanted it on a short time frame.
Marco at Riva sold me the 09. I bought their first one. I didn't deal...

I ask him if anyone already put a down payment, he said no. I hand him my CCard... now you do. ;)

A month or two ago, they had three 09's, they were sold a month later. They had the yellow one, if they still had it, I would've bought that instead of the 07. Riva really doesn't deal, and I hate haggling, so I just did the deal.

Hello, everyone. I just joined the forum. I believe I have made up my mind about getting the fz 07. It will replace my KLX250SF... I'm in West Palm Beach and started looking at online prices, but I wanted to get a feeling as to what others actually paid (out the door), so I have an idea of the total cost and can negotiate when I venture into the dealer. Thanks a lot!
Originally they wanted $8700 OTD(!) but I talked the SOB down to $7800 OTD. (Tampa area).     

Thanks for all the replies... This definitely helps . I am not in a hurry, so I will take my time to inquire and to do the research and I still have to sell the KLX anyway.

So I went to Riva, to scope out the 07 in person, and get my cbr250r appraised for a trade-in. There was only one fz-07 in the showroom floor, prepped and with a tag on it, waiting for the customer to come pick it up. Ended up looking at another 07 in white that they had at their warehouse about a block away. Sat on it, started it up and revved it a couple times. No test ride. It was still hard not to buy it right there. Eventually I get a dismal quote on my bike, which I scoffed at and ended up leaving right as the new customer was exiting the parking lot with his brand new 07.

Get to the light behind him to get a closer look at it in motion. Light changes, he stalls out. I go around him and make the turn we were both waiting for, and mid-turn I hear a screaming exhaust, look back and see the bike doing a wheelie and being launched without the rider into the intersection. Guess he was nervous and just dumped the clutch. Apparently he walked it back to the dealership whilst the cars stopped at the light watched in awe. I never felt so bad for somebody. 20 ft away from Riva and his first accident.

I once saw the aftermath of a guy who rolled his brandy-new 1996 XV1100 Virago out the dealer's front door, revved it up, squeezed the front brake lever (thinking it was the clutch lever), stomped it into 1st gear, and took off like a shot chirping tire straight into the telephone pole 25 feet from him.
Forks got bent backwards a fair degree.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Wow @red127 and @yzetc those are some sad stories.  ???  When I rode my new bike off the lot I was Uber cautious. I even rode a bit in the parking lot before hitting the street. How anyone can mix up the brake and clutch levers is beyond me - unless they never took a class and learned. 

Illegitimi non carborundum

Get to the light behind him to get a closer look at it in motion. Light changes, he stalls out. I go around him and make the turn we were both waiting for, and mid-turn I hear a screaming exhaust, look back and see the bike doing a wheelie and being launched without the rider into the intersection. Guess he was nervous and just dumped the clutch. Apparently he walked it back to the dealership whilst the cars stopped at the light watched in awe. I never felt so bad for somebody. 20 ft away from Riva and his first accident. 

NOOOOOOO! You're so wrong, it wasn't even my fault, gawl. The clutch cable broke. Kidding, but that really sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.

I was actually in the shop a few weeks ago too and sat on that White Bike...

Shame to hear that. Im a new rider myself with almost zero experience besides the MSF course and ive got images flashing in my head of doing something similar lol.

I hope the only wound that guy suffered was his pride.

EDIT:

Also, Riva quoted me 8600 out the door which i thought was ridiculous.  I simply walked out.

EDIT:

Apparently, these dealerships are VERY good at losing sales.

I went to broward motorsports today and they quoted me 8700.  I laughed and walked out.

I then called Some place in Miami whose name is not even memorable and they wanted 8400.

Naturally, as with many things in Florida, i went north to find reasonable people and better deals.

I put a deposit down for 7600 OTD at Stuart Motorsports and will finalize everything on Tuesday.

Give them a ring if you're looking for a decent deal as everyone else down here seems to be looking to turn an absurd profit based upon popularity.  I dont begrudge a business for wanting to stay in business by making money but the market, ie the consumers will eventually self correct IF we dont pay these absurd prices.

Thanks for sharing. I visited Greater Yamaha in West Palm and they quoted me $8,416...they can keep it!
Will check out Stuart Motorsports

Patience is key.

The pricing will eventually drop as all pricing does when things get "older" and are no longer the new hotness.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I told my local dealer that I was buying elsewhere for $7600 otd and he said he ll match it.
we ll see if he keeps his word.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I started this topic and to answer my own question I will share that I bought a red FZ-07 for $7,500.... it took me some time and research and trips to the dealer, but finally I got a price I felt comfortable with.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought recently in the Orlando area. I didn't get a good deal (7800), but everyone in my area quoted me at 8100-8400 and they would not budge. I bit the bullet and get the bike on Saturday! Looking forward.

• 4 weeks later...

Sky Motorsport is the name I believe. In Lake Wales.
7900 OTD
And they keep them in Stock. Had choice of color. Just had to wait a couple hours for them to assemble my white one.

Archived